Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Northwest Airlines Award Problem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2002, 4:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Northwest Airlines Award Problem

I want to travel to Tokyo on an award ticket using Continental OnePass miles. I'd like to go in May and am willing to depart from any gateway in any class of service. I will not use an EasyPass award. Desired length of stay is about a week. I am willing to fly Northwest or Continental. I called Continental twice and both times the agent came up with nothing.

I decided to check WorldPerks reward availability online. I came up with a very good itinerary in coach. I called OnePass and was told the flights were not available, but I could redeem an EasyPass award for them. I called WorldPerks and confirmed the reward was available, but I don't have enough WorldPerks miles. I called Continental back and was told the award wasn't available.

Any ideas?
Old Apr 8, 2002, 4:20 pm

Have NW put it on hold for you, then call CO and tell them that NW found seats and put them in an itinerary for you and you want to use your OnePass miles. See if that works.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 4:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Northwest WorldPerks told me they will not hold an award without the necessary amount of mileage available in the account.
Old Apr 8, 2002, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Continental suc*s.

(Sorry for the negativity.)

Old Apr 9, 2002, 9:45 pm

Ask for a supervisor. It happned to me once with a NW ticket too. They said they didn't have anything available, I told them I could see on nwa.com that they should, ended up talking to a supervisor who "restarted" the system and only then it worked.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 2:55 am

If the seats are available in NW's system but for some reason don't show in CO's, ask CO to waitlist (WL) the segments. They can use Direct Access to see availabiliy in NW's system if their side of Seamless Availability isn't working.

When they End and Retrieve the record, the space should come back Confirmed from List (KL) instantly. Then you can ticket your itinerary directly with CO.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:15 am

I ran into this problem before as well. I was told (by OnePass) that if seats are available for reward travel on NW using WorldPerks miles, it does not necessarily mean that you can get a reward seat on the same NW flight using OnePass miles. Apparently, WorldPerks and OnePass have their own, separate allocation of reward seats on each NW or CO flight. I don't know if this is in fact the case, but it was what I was told.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:35 am

In February I wanted to go to PHX from ALB using CO miles. Initially I was booked with the only available routing via CO/HP, but I later saw availability (via the website) on NW. The times and connections were better, so I tried to switch to NW.

I called CO to change the ticket, and the rep said their were no seats. I told her I was looking at them as available on the NW site. She seemed to be scratching her head, then put me on hold for a few minutes. She got back on the line and said she had talked to her supervisor to get the seats released.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 8:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PARSpro:
They can use Direct Access to see availabiliy in NW's system if their side of Seamless Availability isn't working.</font>
Unfortunately, most of them do not know HOW to use Direct Access and need to be talked through it all the way.

The command should be in the format of @NW@A15MAYATLDTW9A*NDC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.