Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can someone kindly post a specific Entertainment coupon code for me?

Old Aug 24, 01, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum

I have my membership card but I have misplaced my book so I do not have the proper coupon or promotions code to use. I am wondering if someone can post the proper code from this year's book.

I am particularly interested in the Europe coupon code, if there is one. I can't remember if there is. Thanks very much.
Old Aug 24, 01, 11:42 pm

You can get the info at:

http://continental.com/entertainment

and at:

http://nwa.com/entertainment.

[This message has been edited by bry99 (edited 08-24-2001).]
Old Aug 25, 01, 8:42 am

deleted

[This message has been edited by MRJ1964 (edited 09-01-2001).]
Old Aug 25, 01, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Taken care of. Many thanks.
Old Aug 25, 01, 4:58 pm

Programs: United 1K
What are the entertainment coupons? I have seen this posted a few times and have no clue. The CO web site makes you punch in a member number to get any info. What am I missing out on?
Old Aug 26, 01, 8:49 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
The Entertainment Book is a book (fairly fat) of coupons/discounts for various local as well as national businesses. It is sold generally by local organizations. You can also find it on the web. What is being referenced here is the coupon code in the book for discounts on CO flights.
Old Aug 26, 01, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Roughly speaking, it is a 15% discount on tickets over ($175 or 200?) from non-CO-hubs and 5% from hub cities. It is valid on domestic tickets, Europe, and I think other areas as well. It contains some additional restrictions. The 2001 Entertainment books contain a code which is valid for travel through Dec. 14, 2001; the 2002 books (which are available now for sure at www.entertainment.com and possibly already at local places) contain a code which is valid for travel to Dec. 14, 2002.

So in my case we had 4 tickets San Francisco - Amsterdam in V class Dec 26 - Jan 3 for $568, and the price dropped to $494 with the discount (not exactly 15% of the total, because the discount is off the base fare exclusive of taxes). That's $74 times 4 tickets, or $296 total saved. Pretty good deal to use the discount if you can. The books are $25-30.
Old Aug 27, 01, 7:13 am

Programs: United 1K
But if you are based out of EWR, then the book does you very little good, correct?

I really only fly CO out of EWR. I guess I could trek to Albany to catch a flight and connect back through EWR, but I don't know if that would be worth $74. Although I would get 1,000 extra status miles.

------------------
EWR CO Silver
Old Aug 27, 01, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mlawless:
But if you are based out of EWR, then the book does you very little good, correct?

I really only fly CO out of EWR. I guess I could trek to Albany to catch a flight and connect back through EWR, but I don't know if that would be worth $74. Although I would get 1,000 extra status miles.

</font>
What if you take a domestic flight out of LGA/JFK? There would be a connection in CLE or IAH, but it might work.
Old Aug 27, 01, 11:46 am

do you need some sort of proof of ownership of the book or just a certain code? if just the code, can anyone else email me?
Old Aug 27, 01, 12:22 pm

You need to give your Entertainment card number, which will be different for each book.

It's probably best just to shell out $20 (the discount price for fundraising groups) and get your local book. In addition to all the local restaurant and retail savings, Entertainment provides among the best car rental discounts -- among other things, allowing you to combine discount codes and coupons so you can double-dip on a transaction.

Unfortuntely, the Entertainment discount on airfare is not valid for Sunday travel, for Friday travel during the summer, and on T fares. So if you don't plan on using the local coupons, it may not be worth the money.
Old Aug 28, 01, 1:46 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Please help me on this one:
Would the entertainment coupon be good on a Q fare FROM europe to US in late september traveling on friday and sunday?
Could I still use a travel-certificate to pay for part of the travel?

------------------
Viele Gre

Oliver
Old Mar 5, 02, 2:33 pm

Does anyone know if the rules and restrictions have been changed for 2002?

thanks
Old Mar 5, 02, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Funny you ask - I just read the rules yesterday and was wondering the same thing. This year, the rules specifically say that tickets purchased with this discount ARE eligible for elite upgrades on Northwest. And the rules most definitely do NOT say okay for elite upgrades on Continental. I'm sure in prior years I WAS UPGRADED on Continental using Entertainment tickets.

Does anyone have actual 2002 experience with this yet?
Old Mar 5, 02, 3:46 pm

I'm wondering about the 15% vs 5% discount flying out of a hub airport. I'm going to tightly controlled LAS, so the change of any upgrades are minimal. I'd be willing to leave out of LGA vs. EWR if it meant enough $$.

Search this Thread