FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Earning OP miles on Eva Air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/41981-earning-op-miles-eva-air.html)

domirule Feb 19, 02 12:15 am

Earning OP miles on Eva Air

Reading some of the posts, it seems like I can earn OP miles for any flight flown on Eva Air. Is that true? I thought you could earn OP miles only if you're flying on a codeshare, with a CO flight number...

eastwest Feb 19, 02 12:41 am

You earn OnePass mileage on all EVA flights.

[This message has been edited by eastwest (edited 02-19-2002).]

domirule Feb 19, 02 1:40 am

do the miles earned on EVA go toward onepass elite qualification?

[This message has been edited by domirule (edited 02-19-2002).]

aparsuites Feb 19, 02 2:10 am

No - While you can earn OP miles on Eva flights systemwide, you can earn elite miles on Eva metal only if you have a CO (codeshare) ticket. I think it's similar to the arrangement with Air France.

jaguar Feb 19, 02 7:32 am

I flew EVA last year to Viet Nam and the service and seating was excellent in Evergreen Deluxe. You even get a larger seat than regular Economy.

I'm a Platinum Elite on CO and I did recieve full 125% mileage credit.

TheAuditor Feb 19, 02 8:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aparsuites:
No - While you can earn OP miles on Eva flights systemwide, you can earn elite miles on Eva metal only if you have a CO (codeshare) ticket. I think it's similar to the arrangement with Air France.</font>
My experience has been that you will get elite miles as long as the flight is code-shared, even tickted with a BR flight #.

fenstere Feb 19, 02 3:05 pm

In fact, looking at http://www.cooltravelassistant.com, it appears that Continental's code share with Eva gets from Newark to Taipei in a smashing 48 minutes, implying at average airspeed speed of 12,290 mph! NASA must be proud!

Flight Travel Date Departs Arrives Trip Duration OnePass Miles*
Continental 787 | 9011
Aircraft: 73G | 747 Fri - Mar 22, 2002 New York/ Newark, NJ (EWR)
4:40 PM Taipei, TV (TPE) +2 day
6:25 AM ****45 mi**** 9,218
Connect in Los Angeles, CA (LAX). Continental flight 9011 operated by EVA Air.

kishna Feb 19, 02 3:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jaguar:
I flew EVA last year to Viet Nam and the service and seating was excellent in Evergreen Deluxe. You even get a larger seat than regular Economy.

I'm a Platinum Elite on CO and I did recieve full 125% mileage credit.
</font>
Hi Jaguar,

If you don't mind, I'll e-mail you about your trip to Vietnam on Eva. I'm interested in doing the same for later this year.

Thanks.

domirule Feb 19, 02 4:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TheAuditor:
My experience has been that you will get elite miles as long as the flight is code-shared, even tickted with a BR flight #.

</font>

I'm planning to fly from LAX-TPE next month, which is a code share flight with CO. However, are you saying that I can just go buy a ticket from EVA (with BR flight numbers, BR ticket stock), and still be eligible for OP elite miles? Has somebody done this before?

jaguar Feb 19, 02 4:15 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to get full CO Platinum Elite credit even though I purchased the ticket from an EVA consolidator.

jaguar Feb 19, 02 4:18 pm

I was pleasantly surprised to get full CO Platinum Elite mileage credit even though I booked my ticket from a EVA consoldiator (ask for Rachel Huynh) at Richfield Travel 626-448-0083.