Newbie seeking reward advice

Old Feb 13, 02, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Newbie seeking reward advice

I just booked Economy award travel on CO to Grand Cayman Island during Spring Break for my family of four. Felt fortunate to get anything but wld desperately like to go a day earlier. One Pass are advising the seats are unavailable-I have no status either.

Is there anything I can do? They claim that NW doesn't have any seats either.
Old Feb 13, 02, 9:18 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
I'll give you the official CO response:

Take what you got and be thankful!

You apparently slipped under the CO radar and were able to get award seats to the destination you wanted during a holiday period. Someone at CO probably lost their job over that slip up.

If you go over to NWA.com, you can look at the award availability on NW, but you'll have to call back to CO, since their "award winning website" doesn't offer that "enhancement"....

------------------
Bad Gordon!

No Freddie for you!
Old Feb 13, 02, 9:23 am
sim

The other thing you can do is call CO and ask to be waitlisted for the earlier flight. You have to give a specific date and flight and if it opens up they book you. I have done this numerous times when I got flights I didn't like. I usually call back weekly to check on the status.
Old Feb 13, 02, 9:23 am
Suspended

i think we should have about 30 posts bashing marlin's choice to use miles (sarcasm noted).

(just kidding, marlin. oh, and thanks for spelling out grand cayman.)
Old Feb 13, 02, 9:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
i think we should have about 30 posts bashing marlin's choice to use miles (sarcasm noted). </font>
why would we do that? the fares to GCM are typically quite expensive...

unlike some other destinations... hmmm.... LAS comes to mind...
Old Feb 13, 02, 9:44 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Looks like Yanks is acting as a lightning rod once again....
Old Feb 13, 02, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Sim, they won't even let me waitlist. Hey, Fly Co to see the Yanks-I'm even kinda complimented you said "Hi".
Sorry about the GCM.
Old Feb 13, 02, 6:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
i think we should have about 30 posts bashing marlin's choice to use miles (sarcasm noted).

(just kidding, marlin. oh, and thanks for spelling out grand cayman.)</font>
Marlin, it's a tough situation. Sorry that I have no advice for you, but Continental is very difficult to find reward seats on (especially to desirable leisure destinations).

fly co to see the yanks,

Please think before you post-- don't bother to post if you have no useful information to add. You complain about how members of this board must have no life, yet you have posted about nothing several times a day since joining the board.

[This message has been edited by TransWorldOne (edited 02-13-2002).]
Old Feb 13, 02, 6:56 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
... you have posted about nothing several times ...</font>
A Post about nothing.... A Show about nothing... Could "fly co to see the yanks" really be George Kastanza... Hmmmm

Old Feb 13, 02, 7:20 pm

Programs: Ex UA PremEx
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by marlin:
Hey, Fly Co to see the Yanks-I'm even kinda complimented you said "Hi".
Sorry about the GCM.
</font>
Hell..that kind of compliment we could all do without

Phoebe

Old Feb 13, 02, 9:31 pm
Suspended

TransWorldOne: i've actually had useful posts. check out the starwood board on how to secure the carriage ride rate; or check the AA board on how to get the 5% rebate on tickets purchased. these are just individual examples.

and, again as i have said in the past, i read this site: (1) for the useful info. (information), (2) to provide sage advice from my years of travel, and (3) to get a good chuckle about people surmising what is going to be in the year 2006 elite packages or when promotional miles are going to post to an account that already has 7.8 million miles. remember, a happy person is a healthy person.

[This message has been edited by fly co to see the yanks (edited 02-13-2002).]
Old Feb 13, 02, 10:54 pm

Location: Houston, TX, USA; CO Plat Hilton Gold Starwood Gold
Can't you standby with a reward ticket? (Or these days, I guess they won't let you past the security line...)
Old Feb 14, 02, 6:22 am
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Booked three award tickets to Orlando on Delta ( Cleaned out my account ) for Spring Break, when the price of the fourth Purchased ticket to match the itinerary tripled called continental to see if I could get four.

They had nothing, when I said I would stay with my Delta rewards, they found seats at 60 K each. 3 seats @ 25,000 miles + $ 600 or 4 seats @ 60,000 miles.

My first experience at trying to redeem miles, however it was during a peak demand period.

I hope my future experiences are better.

------------------
"A Southwest line never gets longer, It only gets wider"

Search this Thread
Search Engine: