Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Any insight on what "added features" are included on the new lifetime P Club cards?

Any insight on what "added features" are included on the new lifetime P Club cards?

Old Sep 2, 2001, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I presume this "enhancement" would be instituted to keep out anybody who likes to come thru the traffic to EWR, park in one of the very convenient spaces right outside the door, and sidle up to the bar or the bagel box at the PC. CO would need to imagine that there must be lots and lots of these people filling up the PCs and drinking their booze and eating their snacks in addition to Mister Nice on one of his bagel runs.
Old Sep 2, 2001, 8:08 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by monitor:
... there must be lots and lots of these people filling up the PCs and drinking their booze and eating their snacks in addition to Mister Nice on one of his bagel runs.</font>
it's catching on.....

On a serious note; do you really think they would do this? It's difficult for me to picture them doing so.

Old Sep 2, 2001, 8:14 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Maybe they don't want disgruntled lifetime members drinkin' their booze and eatin' their snacks while waiting for their competitors flights!

[This message has been edited by snake (edited 09-02-2001).]
Old Sep 3, 2001, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

snake has very good eyes and apparently a wide and very high field of vision starting from his slither-level. CO seems to be backing itself into a very tight corner for whatever reason lately. The paid HNL B/F advance purchases for Nov and Dec are really off as compared to last year and the B/F fares are slightly higher too.

When the higher HoKeY FaReS kick in, my best guess even more B/F seats will fly empty........and operational U/G's will be rare as the coach seating to/from HNL appears to be off too (typical Oct and Nov flights show only 50%-70% full). IMHO itsa time to book mileage HNL B/F flights. There goes their "enhanced" bottom line strategy.

MisterNice
Old Sep 3, 2001, 1:24 pm

BizJet - thanks for the info! That clears up a lot of questions I had.

And on another note, I really hope that the P-club does not change to a "day of flight" club. One of the reasons I bought my lifetime P-club membership over other clubs is that the P-club in Seattle is convenient to several of the airlines that I fly regularly, one of which is Continental.

I would be upset if they change this policy. If they do - I sincerely hope that all current members, including lifers, are grandfathered in to the old policy.
Old Sep 3, 2001, 1:38 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Mikey, did you read the House Rules when you joined the club?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Continental reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, benefits, services and Clubroom locations at any time with or without written notice to its members.</font>
Sorry, but rules is rules.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 2:05 am

Yes, Snake, I read the rules.

I said I would be upset - not that Continental did not have the right to make this change.

I just hope that they do not make the change, or at least grandfather lifers. A precendent has been set, however. I have been told that the PC grandfathered lifers when they decided to not serve free booze a while back. Of course, free booze is now standard again.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I was in the SEA PClub last night, and the agent got all excited that I had the first "new card" she had seen, and even called over her buddy agent to look at it.

Anyway I told her there were supposedly new features and she laughed. She said as far as they had been told, not all the old cards had mag stripes (mine did, I purchased lifetime in circa 1996) and as to the ones that did, not all the mag stripes worked (mine did).

So, she swiped my new card and...the mag stripe did not work. It said "membership expired" (she had me come around and view the screen). She said this was exactly the problem with many of the old mag stripes.

Oh, and I was allowed to get as many bagels as I wanted.
Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:42 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
I was in the SEA PClub last night, and the agent got all excited that I had the first "new card" she had seen, and even called over her buddy agent to look at it.
</font>
That's kind of sad in a way-- didn't these ladies have anything more stimulating going on in their lives?

My PC card is only a few years old and frequently comes up "expired" when swiped-- maybe a Y2K issue? It would be very ironic if they issued these new cards to address that and if the new ones don't work no better.

BTW, thesilb, the issue has never been whether you are allowed as many bagels as you want in the PC-- it's whether there are any bagels left after a certain, un-named (but very nice,) FTer has been through that particular PC on that particular day .
Old Sep 4, 2001, 11:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:

That's kind of sad in a way-- didn't these ladies have anything more stimulating going on in their lives?
&lt;snip&gt; </font>
I don't think it's sad at all. I think it's great these ladies care about what's going on in their workplace and take an interest in their customers.

By the way, don't you "have anything more stimulating going on in (your) life" besides obsessing over bagels?
Old Sep 5, 2001, 4:38 pm

The only small difference is that my new card has a small black star printed on it near the OP/FF#.

are you sure that's a star, and not a pentagram??

[This message has been edited by jetsetter777 (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old Sep 5, 2001, 6:25 pm

Either I need glasses or it's a blurry " "
Old Sep 5, 2001, 6:25 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJDavid:
If they use the "added features" euphemism like they use the "program enhancement" euphemism, I'd put the darn thing in a fireproof box, bury it in the yard, and keep using the old one.

See! See! I told you so...another "enhancement" likely to be headed your way courtesy of the good folks at Continenarrogant Airlines.
</font>
SHUT UP NJCOMPLAINER... AGAIN, you take a RUMOR and attack CO. RUMORS ARE NOT FACTS. All you do anymore is complain on EVERY post. I am SICK OF IT. IF you cannot be objective and honest. GO AWAY. You are so mad about EUA that you ignore any FACTS posted and spew venom everywhere. A star added to a plastic card is NOT a change in negative fashion. "See, See I told you so..." , seems like you are getting ALOT of sick pleasure from every perceived change. You say you want better benefits... but like the poor sport you are, you celebrate negatives (yelling I told you so). And when presented with positive changes (as I listed 9 on another thread) you post absured reasons why they aren't good. Your actions show you to be a crybaby, who cries wolf. Go away, you cancer on our threads.
Old Sep 5, 2001, 6:52 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cigarman:
SHUT UP NJCOMPLAINER... AGAIN, you take a RUMOR and attack CO. RUMORS ARE NOT FACTS. All you do anymore is complain on EVERY post. I am SICK OF IT. IF you cannot be objective and honest. GO AWAY. You are so mad about EUA that you ignore any FACTS posted and spew venom everywhere. A star added to a plastic card is NOT a change in negative fashion. "See, See I told you so..." , seems like you are getting ALOT of sick pleasure from every perceived change. You say you want better benefits... but like the poor sport you are, you celebrate negatives (yelling I told you so). And when presented with positive changes (as I listed 9 on another thread) you post absured reasons why they aren't good. Your actions show you to be a crybaby, who cries wolf. Go away, you cancer on our threads.</font>
over the line...

Old Sep 5, 2001, 9:07 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Nope, just pointing out the truth. I AM a lifetime member of the PC. I have an interest in the FACTS, not some deny,deny,deny garbage based on ONE other posters rumor. We come to this forum to gain knowledge not simply bash. If you only want to bash...write CO. Or go fly UA...Or AA or Air Tran... basically IF YOU HATE CO SO MUCH...fly somebody else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.