Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

NO more mail - Statements, Membership Credentials, and promotional materials

Old Sep 19, 01, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those that have suffered from last weeks tragedy. In light of recent events, Continental Airlines is temporarily suspending the mailing of OnePass statements, membership credentials, and promotional materials as we work to adjust our marketing communications plan.

We will continue to communicate operational data and other information that will assist you in planning your upcoming travel. In the meantime, please utilize continental.com to view pertinent news, receive answers to frequently asked questions and OnePass account information. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation.

We are grateful for the many calls and messages of support and encouragement we continue to receive. Many of our OnePass members have asked how they can help Continental Airlines during this critical time. One option is to join Continental in donating miles to the American Red Cross at onepass.continental.com. Continental has donated 2 million miles to assist in relief efforts. Another effective option is to immediately call or e-mail your Congressman and urge them to pass vital relief legislation for the airline industry. Time is running out and this piece of legislation will be voted on in the next few days. We have outlined a sample letter that you can use at www.continental.com. We also have supplied a web site that will provide all of the e-mail addresses for your representatives.

Thank you for your support of our industry and our national economy.

Old Sep 19, 01, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, Amtrak, VIA
"Adjust our marketing communications plan"

Is this gently intoducing us to the idea of NO OnePass program? Or is it a humane and caring act in response to last week's tragedies?
Old Sep 19, 01, 8:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, United 1k, United Club (life), Virgin Silver, Marriott/SPG/Hilton/Accor Gold
Uh oh, BOHIC (bend over, here it comes). I have a feeling more enhancements are on the way...
Old Sep 19, 01, 9:29 pm

Ok Doctor.

Enhance Me!!!

I have never received my Silver Elite Package

Oh yes ... Dr, ..May I have another.
Old Sep 19, 01, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, EY silver, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, AA/UA (and CO,NW) once gold now dirt.
Yeah, I tried to read between the lines on it, too. Doesn't seem benign.
Old Sep 19, 01, 10:30 pm

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
I got this one today as well. I swallowed hard and thought about how diligently I have been saving miles and earning status . . .

I have a bad feeling about this.
Old Sep 20, 01, 12:24 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I think this is just a way to save $$$ on the postage and not go broke. The ESCALTORS going down in IAH today were turned off... when they can't afford electricity... oh boy.
Old Sep 20, 01, 6:21 pm

Programs: OnePass
I achieved gold status on Aug 23, and have yet to receive my gold card and welcoming kit.

Does this announcement mean I will not get any gold credentials at all? Has anyone else qualifed for status around or after Aug 23 and have received their elite status welcoming kit?

If I don't get one, how will that affect my chance of getting comped to Prem Exec in UA's Mileage Plus? I understand that they will expect me to mail or fax them a copy of my OnePass gold card.

I'm still loyal to CO, and will continue to fly them as much as I can. But being in HNL, the service is very limited. And with all the rumored imminent service cuts (HNL-LAX only 3 times a week, HNL-IAH once a day instead of twice a day, HNL-EWR might be axed), I need UA as a backup.
Old Sep 20, 01, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Still waiting for my fiancee's Silver package earned around August 24th. I won't be holding my breath going to the mailbox now. Was looking forward to the PC passes and maybe an Ashford certificate for her. Oh well...
Old Sep 21, 01, 8:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
This may well be the beginning of the end of OnePass (and FF programs in general).
Old Sep 21, 01, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond; UA Premier Silver
I think they should enhance the One Pass Program...say double miles over the next six months. But during the same time period you could not use One Pass miles for travel. They need revenue passsengers in their seat NOW. It is not the time to cut back on One Pass when they may have more flexibility later.
Old Sep 21, 01, 7:33 pm

A OnePass rep explained it to me:
She said that on the Program Guide (page 13) and many other pieces of Continental Literature and promotional material - there are big pictures of the World Trade Center.
She said that Continental is rushing to re-print this media before sending resumes.
Old Sep 21, 01, 7:47 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Enhance the OnePass program? Pleeeeeeaze, improve it, you bet, but enhance it? man, I can't take it!

[This message has been edited by snake (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old Sep 21, 01, 8:58 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Wanaque, NJ -UA-G; SPG-Plat (Lifetime Gold)
Cigarman wrote:

"I think this is just a way to save $$$ on the postage and not go broke. The ESCALTORS going down in IAH today were turned off... when they can't afford electricity... oh boy."

I received a Fedex box in the mail today. Inside was a basket of fruit, cakes, jams, etc. I estimate it's value at $50 or so at least. After looking all over for a note, I checked the Fedex label and there it was. It was from Continental Customer Care thanking me for my loyalty AND feedback.
Im guess the moral is things are tough, but
not desperate . Or they can no longer stand my letters and have decided to buy my silence.

[This message has been edited by Vulcan (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old Sep 21, 01, 9:20 pm

Vulcan: You received fancy foods? Perhaps my letters gave them a headache, as I received a superduper first aid kit. I am now prepared for any and all emergencies.

It's all packed in a 3 compartment blue zippered pack with the CO logo. Each compartment is loaded with things I probably should have in the house.

The first has a couple of empty vials, a pack of electrolyte solution to prevent dehydration, surgical tape, tweezers and some emergency drinking water germicidal tablets.

The next part has some great looking surgical scissors (don't take them on board!) a roll of gauze, some stretch bandage, swabstick, assorted bandaids, and what appears to be a injection kit, complete with biohazard waste bag.

The last part contains some tylenol (no 2s or 3s), motrin, advil, antihistimines, antacids, a first aid report form --and finally, a nice book entitled "a comprehensive guide to wilderness and travel medicine."

Oh, and a few safety pins, too. And maybe there's room to cram in that all-in-one-tool I received earlier this year.

Search this Thread