Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EUAs as of late?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2001, 9:32 am
Original Poster

EUAs as of late?

Anyone in the lower status class (Silver) notice that with all the cutbacks its hard to get an upgrade anymore, or is it just me and routes I travel?

Grr...

Old Oct 2, 2001, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
It's just you. Sorry.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
It must be you (or your routes), I'm cranking upgrades out at a 87% clip as a gold this year
Old Oct 2, 2001, 12:37 pm
Original Member

On most of my post sept-11 flights there have been empty seats in FC, the one exception was this past saturday pbi-ewr(flight 1555). This flight had a full 16(BF 757) in FC. I'm been getting EUA email like clockwork recently.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:07 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Just made it to gold, but so far this year have onnly been stuck in cattle class twice. both times on long hauls from the west coast. SFO-CLE and SEA-CLE. oh and one time the morons at NW wouldn't clear me or waitlist me, and then had empty seats fly to MSP....

otherwise, no problems at all this year...
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:23 pm

Which routes do you fly?

I'm doing LAS-EWR in a few days, and I was shocked to get that EUA in my inbox.
Usually those flights are pretty full - as a Gold I've missed getting upgrades on them in the past.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:31 pm

..Mebbe you should try NW....on the last flights we were on (yes, after 9/11) FC seats were empty and we were upgraded 2 days prior....
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter777:
Which routes do you fly?

I'm doing LAS-EWR in a few days, and I was shocked to get that EUA in my inbox.
Usually those flights are pretty full - as a Gold I've missed getting upgrades on them in the past.
</font>
Wow, really? Flying EWR-LAS-EWR this w/end, and according to ITN, my flights are fully booked - thanks in part to the cancellation of my original flight and rebooking.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:41 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
actually, i've done a more CLE-LAS this year, (4RT's) than anything else, and always get the EUA, even when silver.

my CO stuff has been mostly short haul and Florida from cleveland, couple of CLE-LAX, and one CLE-SFO. I go in to SEA and PDX a lot, so I've been on Northworst more than I care to admit to. Crossed the Atlantic on a NW codeshare op by KL, going to Khazahkstan (oh the irony), and NW to TPE/PVG. CO to CDG in two weeks, padding my account with a couple $89.50 RT CLE-MDW on NW thru DTW. Oh the things I'll do for miles!
Old Oct 2, 2001, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Like Boomer said he encountered, I'm on a full PBI-EWR flight this Thursday. Unless someone is a no show I'm sitting in the back of the bus. At least I have the exit row.

I was told my flights coming back (crazy routing due to a cancelled and a full BDL-EWR flight) CLE-IAH and IAH-PBI were already 95% capacity last week so I used miles to upgrade without even playing the EUA lottery. These were K fares but my outbound is T. I figured it was worth 10,000 miles not to have to sit in coach for about 6 hours of flying around the country.

After posting I checked on ITN and saw the early and later PBI-EWR flights have a wide open first cabin! I'd switch but I'll be stuck in EWR for an extra 4 hours, or get to my final destination (BDL) at 11pm.

Oh well... I've had bad luck with upgrades leaving Florida but good luck returning. Go figure.
Old Oct 2, 2001, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KeithD:

Anyone in the lower status class (Silver) notice that with all the cutbacks its hard to get an upgrade anymore, or is it just me and routes I travel?

Grr...

</font>
Welp...I'm 0/3 since 9/11 but then each trip was into BWI, and I really didn't count on getting one with DCA closed (thankfully it's a short hop from CLE)
Old Oct 2, 2001, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I was 3/3 last week flying IAH-ABQ, ABQ-IAH, and IAH-SAT. There were two empty F seats on my first flight, one on my second, and a full house on my IAH-SAT flight, but only after they did an operational upgrade at the last minute and brought up a non-Elite to fill up F. In all cases mine cleared automatically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.