Last Minute Clarification

Old Sep 27, 01, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Last Minute Clarification

For some reason, whenever I do a search, it times out on me so please forgive me if you feel like this question has been asked before.

With the HoKeY fares going into effect starting on Monday, if I buy a roundtrip ticket today for a February trip to MAD and the fare class is a V, will that make me eligible for a chance of a mileage upgrade into first class? I know that Q and T fares are ineligible, but what about V fares? Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 01, 2:55 pm

V fares are occasionally upgradeable - it'll be buried in the fare rules. Q fares have been reported to be upgradeable on very rare occasions. It's very important that you look at the fare rules.
Old Sep 27, 01, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Thanks happymob. I want to leave on 2/14 and return on 2/23. I went through the rules actually for the first time. I have no idea even after reading that whether I'm eligible or not with a V fare. Is there some way to cut through to the chase? I guess I appear stupid but I am just honestly confused by their verbiage.
Old Sep 28, 01, 2:12 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
As far as I know there are no upgradable V fares in the european market right now. V beeing upgradable usually happens when there is a fare war.

------------------
Viele Gre

Oliver
Old Sep 28, 01, 7:40 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Your best bet would be to call CO and ask for the lowest upgradeable fare for your specific trip. If they reply with a very high fare, mention you know the rules change on Oct 1, and you are looking for the lowest fare. I've had this happen where they quote me a K or Y fare, and then change it to a low B fare after I've alerted them to the fact that it is not yet Oct. 1st.

Search this Thread