Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Going to fly to MSP from LAX, CO or NW FF?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2001, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Going to fly to MSP from LAX, CO or NW FF?

I am going to be flying to MSP for about 3-4 months and wondering if it makes a difference if I get comped to the NW or CO FF program. I am a UA 1K and the flights to MSP would have to be through Denver, which is not my favorite as we get closer to the winter...

Is there an advantage to flying NW with NW Platnium as opposed to CO Platinum??

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I'm a NW gold and CO platinums can upgrade a companion ahead of a gold elite on CO flights whereas on NW, all elites including silver generally have priority over companions of platinum members.

------------------
Old Aug 30, 2001, 8:34 am

I have to do LAX-MSP 3-4 times in the next 60 days. Just came back yesterday. As an FYI, NW has great fares right now. I was able to book around $150 RT (no SAT night stay!!). I am CO elite, but flew NW. Direct is only 3 hours and change which is really convenient. Also, some NW flights are on DC 10's which have much more space upfront.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Thanks for the information.. until I get this squared away.. I am going to fly with United connecting through Denver. I need to check those cheap fares out.. must need 14 or 21 day notice.. will check.

Thanks.. but NW will honor a Platinum status for upgrades?
Old Aug 30, 2001, 1:16 pm

They will honor a CO Plat but not one from UA.
Old Aug 30, 2001, 1:56 pm

I'm not sure that NW will comp you to platinum. If they do, great. If notm definitely go with CO who will comp a 1K to platinum. It doesn't matter which program you're elite in for upgrades (though it does matter for bonus miles, such as online booking bonuses).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.