FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Continental Executive Pack (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/40210-continental-executive-pack.html)

cmwdjw Nov 23, 1998 5:37 pm

Continental Executive Pack

I just saw an ad for the Continental Executive Pack for $65. This gets you a $99 compantion certificate, 5000 bonus miles plus additional 2500 miles after you next Continental flite, plus coupons, club pass etc. Anyone know anything about this? What is and Executive Pack? Is it worth $65?

jaws43 Nov 24, 1998 10:09 am

I believe that this is for new OnePass members and I would say for $65, it is probably worth it.

Catman Nov 24, 1998 12:16 pm

The pack is worth it, but make sure you have not been with onepass for more than a year or
you will NOT be eligable to get it. CATMAN

TransWorldOne Dec 9, 1998 6:35 pm

Try the Prestige pack instead. It is $99 and includes six upgrades instead of four. It also contains a 7,500 OnePass mileage bonus.

Germanfflyer Dec 10, 1998 12:40 am

Efenetly get the prestige pack it is a very good value!

NJDavid Dec 10, 1998 3:54 am

Also, keep in mind that the $99 companion certificate earns full one-pass miles on the ticket that you buy with it. A great deal if just for that.

hreamer Dec 10, 1998 8:19 am

Is there ANY way existing members can get this package? ONLY new members?

NJDavid Dec 10, 1998 8:30 am

don't quote me, but...

When you apply for one pass at the airport or CO office, it is a checkbox on the form.

If however, your "stupid travel agent" at "your stupid company travel office" just signed you up for every FF plan, and never informed you of the option, and you've never purchased either pack before......

This might have worked for "a friend" in the past.

Dave

Beckles Dec 10, 1998 10:27 am

Even without blaming someone else, a new member is defined as someone who has been a member less than a year.

BTW, when I first signed up for CO OnePass, I never ended up using for a while after signing up, so after a while they sent me two free upgrade coupons to entice me to fly them, which I did. The flights were fine (MSY-IAH-SAN-IAH-MSY), and I was able to upgrade on both of the return flights. The two primary things that stick out are:

1) On the return SAN-IAH flight the breakfast was spectacular.

2) Both IAH-SAN and back flights were on 737-300's ... without a movie ... I didn't care for that ...

Aubie Dec 10, 1998 11:51 am

Great! I just joined OnePass this year and will buy the prestige pack so I can know what its like to fly first class again....My Delta upgrades are useless since I usually fly international or "L"-class fares for domestic.

NJDavid Dec 10, 1998 2:01 pm

Just to be clear...

Both packages include "space available" upgrades - by no means a guarantee of first class.

You can only upgrade at the airport if first class is available (meaning that elite's haven't already filled it up). In addition, you're not eligible to be on the waiting list for no-shows. These upgrades are only if there is a completely open seat that no one has already claimed - which is possible, but quite rare in the CO's hub cities.

IMHO, The miles, $99 companion cert and president's club passes are more valuable parts of the pack.

Dave

mritchie Dec 27, 1998 12:46 pm

Are those passes and upgrade forms stamped with one's name? I'm thinking I could sign up my wife or son on Onepass, buy the package deal, and then use the certificates myself (since they don't fly much).

Any input from someone who knows more than I do?

RChavez Dec 27, 1998 3:11 pm

Yes, unfortunately every certificate in the pack is marked with your name and OnePass number. Also, ticket agents are usually very careful to match the names on the certificates. However, when I purchased the pack, I also immediately purchased a President's Club membership, and therefore did not need the 2 passes included with the pack. So, I gave them to a friend and he was able to use them. Apparently they just took them and marked them as used.

Regards,
RChavez

Germanfflyer Dec 28, 1998 3:38 am

There are no first names on the coupons and I doupt they also compare the FF numbers.

Boomer Dec 28, 1998 2:00 pm

The certificates have both first and last name on them and your onepass number.

As for other people using the certificates, it varies, some are transferable and others are not. I believe that the 2 president's club passes are transferable(I used both of them so I dont have them to check) The 99 dollar companion can be transfered to someone with the same last name/madien name or mailing address.

It's a terrific bargain, I used mine when I first started flying CO and before I hit Bronze Elite and started getting the Elite upgrades. The best $99 I ever spent.