Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO EWR terminal wins top award for service, design & management

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...3027545&EDATE=

HOUSTON, Feb. 17 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Terminal C at Newark Liberty
International Airport, the principal base for Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL)
and its New York hub operations, swept the 2005 Airport Revenue News Best
Concessions Poll in the Single Terminal category, which includes awards for
Best Concession Design, Best Customer Service, Best Concessions Management Team, Most Unique Services and Best Overall Concession Program.
Newark Liberty International Airport also earned a top honor in the Large
Airport Category, recognized as the Airport with Most Unique Services.
Rankings were determined by Airport Revenue News and a panel of ARN-selected industry experts. Newark Liberty International Airport won awards last year for Best Concession Program Design (Terminal C), Best Overall Concession Program and Most Unique Services.
Continental's Terminal E in Houston, the carrier's new international
arrivals and departures facility at George Bush Intercontinental Airport, was
also recognized in the 2005 Airport Revenue News Best Concessions Poll.
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen at Terminal E, a full service restaurant featuring
Cajun and Creole seafood direct from the Gulf Coast, won the award for Best
Airport Restaurant Design. Terminal E came in second to Newark's Terminal C
in the Single Terminal categories of Most Unique Services and Best Overall
Concession Program.
Retail outlets in Newark's Terminal C include America! (patriotic gifts,
clothing and flags), DKNY, Kenneth Cole, Smithsonian Store, Spirit of the Red
Horse (unique Native American jewelry, clothing and art), the Metropolitan
Museum of Art store, Borders Books, Swatch and Taxco Sterling, while food
outlets include Gallagher's Steakhouse, Garden State Diner, Famous Famiglia,
and Starbucks. Terminal C also includes the d-parture Spa, which offers
massage and salon services.
Retail outlets in Houston's Terminal E include Altitunes, Borders Books,
Brookstone, Johnston and Murphy, Metropolitan Museum of Art store, Swatch, and NASA souvenirs from Space Trader. Food outlets include Freshens Frozen Yogurt, Charley's Grilled Subs, Panda Express, Pappas Barbeque, Famous Famiglia, Le Petit Bistro, The Little Creamery, Fox Sports Bar and Grill, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and Pappasito's Cantina.
Continental Airlines and Westfield Concession Management, Inc., a
subsidiary of Westfield Corporation, Inc., oversee the development, leasing,
management and marketing of retail, food and beverage concession programs at both Terminal C in Newark and Terminal E in Houston. Terminal C offers nearly 86,000 square feet of leasable concessions space, generating more than $111 million in annual sales. Terminal E offers over 38,000 square feet of leasable concessions space, generating over $46 million in annual sales.
Airport Revenue News is a monthly trade magazine covering airport revenue issues. More information on the Best Concessions Poll is available at
airportrevenuenews.com .
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Sure -- they're good at selling things to us as we pass through. But, try finding the elevators. After you find them you'll also note that a lot of them don't go to all of the floors -- yet they're not marked to indicate this on the outside. I could go on...
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:24 am

Programs: United 1K
The EWR and IAH terminals are wonderful but I think Northwest's DTW is the best of all with the monorail right above.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
I love Terminal E @ IAH and Terminal C @ EWR, I only hope the rest of IAH will be as cute and nice and Terminal E one day...

My one thing... well two really...

Add a Bloomingdales (like a Mini One) and bring back the Staples to Terminal C at EWR and I'd be set! lol

-Vincent
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
EWR Terminal C - Wok and Roll baby!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by kymrbill
EWR Terminal C - Wok and Roll baby!

Gotta love the free samples at Wok and Roll. My record is 5 passes before the guy told me no more.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by jaguar
but I think Northwest's DTW is the best of all with the monorail right above.
Yeah, the DTW terminal reminds me of Babylon 5. It is definitely an order of magnitude beyond what has been done at IAH/EWR.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
B5!!!

Originally Posted by Miggles
Yeah, the DTW terminal reminds me of Babylon 5. It is definitely an order of magnitude beyond what has been done at IAH/EWR.
Just as long as you don't jump out of the shuttle without Kosh there to catch you.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
It's amazing to me that these terminals win awards when I think most of them stink. They are some of the best in the States, but compare them with European terminals and they are lousy.

I love Schiphol airport..even for its 15 minute walks from passport control to the end of the B terminal.

When will the States get airports like Europe?

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Feb 20, 2005 at 2:52 am
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:26 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
It's amazing to me that these terminals win awards when I think most of them stink. They are some of the best in the States, but compare them with European terminals and they lousy.

I love Schiphol airport..even for its 15 minute walks from passport control to the end of the B terminal.

When will the States get airports like Europe?

-RM
I LOVE Schipol for connecting (inversly I hate CDG for connecting)... Terminal C isn't bad for connecting -aslong it's on Continental of course...

The one thing that I hate about Schipol are the over crowded KLM Lounges... OMG they let them get packed to the gills!

HEY AirFram-KLM OPEN UP MORE LOUNGES IN SCHIPOL!

-Vincent
Old Feb 20, 2005, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by vincom
I only hope the rest of IAH will be as cute and nice and Terminal E one day...
Don't count on it. have you seen what they have done so far on the north side of C. Booooring!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:51 am

This award smells suspicious. I found Newark Airport in the evening, dark, depressing and dreary especially in the gate areas. Also too many people for such few lavatories which were filthy. This is an airport I will avoid.

However arriving in daytime was fine.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 4:23 pm

smoking

Just point me in the direction of the smoking lounge. Could care less what the rest of the airport looks like. Best smoking lounges, ATL, POP, BTR
Old Feb 23, 2005, 5:34 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bretteee
This award smells suspicious. I found Newark Airport in the evening, dark, depressing and dreary especially in the gate areas. Also too many people for such few lavatories which were filthy. This is an airport I will avoid.

However arriving in daytime was fine.
Which terminal are you referring to? Continental is not at all terminals, only C (the terminal that won the award) and a couple of flights in terminal A.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 7:31 am

<<Which terminal are you referring to? Continental is not at all terminals, only C (the terminal that won the award) and a couple of flights in terminal A.>>

I am referring to the International Terminal. However arriving in daytime at noon was quite pleasant. Leaving at night though was really dreary and depressing. The gate areas were dark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.