Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest way for 10,500 CO points

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Cheapest way for 10,500 CO points

Need 10,500 points in ten days. I have Hilton, DL, and other odd points. I may have to purchase some. Is there a way to move these, or if I apply for a CC, can I get these? Our family of four has various points, if there is a way to move points from one to the other. Thanks,
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:14 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Chase World MC

10K for being accepted and 500 miles just for applying. Also, they have a promo where they will offer an extra 100% bonus for tickets bought with the card.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: CO Platinum, SPG Gold
The problem may be the timing. I don't know if those CC points (as in the 10,000 points offered by Chase) will show up in 10 days. I believe they show up after the first paid billing cycle, which could probably be a month or two given the approval process, billing cycle and just general lags.

Last edited by nycden; Feb 11, 2005 at 11:36 am
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
For 7500 points almost instantly, call the OPSC and ask to purchase a Prestige Pack. It's about $120 and also includes PC passes and a couple of other things. If the FT search facility were working you could use that, but perhaps another FTer could post more details.

If you have an Amex you could transfer Amex MR points into CO 1:1 as well.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Originally Posted by xyzzy
For 7500 points almost instantly, call the OPSC and ask to purchase a Prestige Pack. It's about $120 and also includes PC passes and a couple of other things. If the FT search facility were working you could use that, but perhaps another FTer could post more details.

If you have an Amex you could transfer Amex MR points into CO 1:1 as well.
Here's the prestige pack link that, I believe, xyzzy was referring to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346735

Bob
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
The Prestige Pack is your best bet for the bulk of those miles, as xyzzy mentioned. As for the rest, 10 days is a pretty short period of time for miles to transfer between programs. You can also buy miles from CO in blocks of 1,000 miles for $32 plus tax. So for around $215 (plus tax) you can get the 10,500 miles (7,500 from a Prestige Pack and 3,000 from the mileage purchase option). More details are on the CO website at http://www.continental.com/onepass/r...l/buymiles.asp.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Amex transfers are pretty fast and if done in the next day or so should be posted without a problem.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:23 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Amex transfers are pretty fast and if done in the next day or so should be posted without a problem.
Actually, they're done in real-time - at least if you use the link on the co.com site.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Amex miles post in real time....
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:16 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
I would say that xyzzy prestige pack idea is good and quick as well as trying CO shopping partners,if you have time or just purchase them. You can also check the Mileage converter on the web flyer home page for all transfer options
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Has anyone tried sweet talking their way into two Prestige Packs at the same time? Although I doubt it would work, if you expained why you wanted to do it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.