No More Call-In Upgrades Allowed

Old Oct 28, 00, 1:47 am
Original Member
Original Poster

No More Call-In Upgrades Allowed

Just spoke with elite agents and as of 10/28 there will be no more call-in upgrades allowed, so they say. Said that this would ensure proper equitability and working of system.

Oh, I'm sure there are some thoughts on this, as it has signficant pros/cons, depending on one's view.

JL2
Old Oct 28, 00, 7:24 am

I wonder how CO thinks I'm going to know this, since I still haven't gotten any info from them on the EUA, despite the fact that they have my email address.
Old Oct 28, 00, 8:54 am
Original Member

I am glad that I do not have to call for an upgrade anymore. I am Gold (about to be Platinum). I have been a Onepass elite for several years now. It is silly that we have to call when we have already paid so much for a ticket and they know who we are.

Sometimes I have to explain to the agents at the gate why I should get an upgrade. I fly mostly international and they usually tell me that they can not upgrade me anyway. I feel degraded everytime I have to ask (beg) for an upgrade. As frequent flyers, we deserve for this to happen automatically. This to me is an extra service that will save us time and make things more fair. That is my opinion anyway.
Old Oct 28, 00, 9:05 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Wanaque, NJ -UA-G; SPG-Plat (Lifetime Gold)
Likewise, neither I (Platinum) or my wife (gold) have received any notification of this program. DOes this mean the computer also won't find us at upgrade time?????
Old Oct 28, 00, 9:13 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I too have yet to receive any information directly from CO about this new system--having to thankfully rely on FlyerTalk for the news, but I've been successfully upgraded by CO on four segments via their new autoupgrade policy so I can't really complain. (And one of those flights ORD-EWR showed only 1F available 4 days prior to my deeply discounted flight!). PS--I'm a Platinum who buys tickets about 2-4 weeks prior.
Old Oct 28, 00, 11:54 am

I got an email from OP center a few days ago about the autoupgrades. Suppose to make the IAH-EWR trip, but unfortuantely it was postponed. So i guess i'll wait and see how does this autoupgrade works.

Al

[This message has been edited by afang (edited 10-28-2000).]
Old Oct 28, 00, 12:17 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Those who didn't sign up for email notification will get the info in the Nov one pass statement I'm sure. They did put that teeny blurb in the OCT. statement.

Jeff, I don't see how they can keep us from calling in. The rules have not been re-written. What if I as a Platimum buy a "Y" ticket tommorow. The rules say I can upgrade AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. If that purchase is outside of three days...ACCORDING to the rules, I can upgrade. Short of calling, how will I exercise MY RIGHT TO UPGRADE at time of purchase?
Old Oct 28, 00, 12:54 pm

Programs: UNITED 1K (1 MILLION MILE FLYER), MARRIOTT PLATINUM,HILTON DIAMOND
As I predicted, the auto-upgrade is here. As a platinum member, I have already had 6 opportunities to upgrade since the new upgrade system was put in place. I am 6 for 6 . I really think this system will work( I do think a few "bugs" are still to be worked out) I will be very interedted to hear about Gold and Silver upgrade opportunities with this new system.
Old Oct 28, 00, 12:59 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Jeff, in the "Yet another auto-upgrade loophole..." thread. A NW elites mentions he is "REQUIRED" to call in for CO upgrades.
Old Oct 28, 00, 9:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

cigarman:

Wish I had more answers for you. Just repeating what I was told by the two different agents. I wasn't expecting this either. We should post info under the Q/A thread as it becomes available.

Old Oct 28, 00, 9:57 pm

Cigarman:

I'm not sure where I read this, but I read it somewhere:

Platinums and Golds on full-fare tickets may upgrade at time of booking by calling Continental.

All discount upgrades must be processed by the automatic upgrade system (must be=supposed to, barring any loopholes)

Basically, Y-Fares still need to call ahead anytime prior to be departure. Discount is under the autosystem. I don't know about a Y-Fare booked in less than three days.
Old Oct 29, 00, 5:39 am

cigarman,

Is there some other place in the account page you are referring to beside the one under "email communications" then the checkbox next to "YES! I'd like to receive e-mail with news and offers from OnePass" ?

Mine's been checked off for ages, and the CO marketing department can sure find me via email.

Kitty Hawk
Old Oct 29, 00, 11:50 am

Kitty, I have the bottom TWO checked.

YES! I'd like to receive e-mail with news and offers from OnePass.

YES! I'd like to receive e-mail with offers from OnePass partners
Old Oct 29, 00, 11:54 am

Jeff, It dawned on me you couldn't have, "Just spoke with elite agents and as of 10/28 ". I THOUGHT NON REV told us that on the weekends the elite calls go in the regular cue. The elite agents (if my memory is correct) don't work weekends.
Old Oct 29, 00, 12:32 pm

Originally posted by cigarman:
Kitty, I have the bottom TWO checked.

YES! I'd like to receive e-mail with news and offers from OnePass.

YES! I'd like to receive e-mail with offers from OnePass partners
Ok, I have 'em both checked too, but I figured since only the first of those two was germane to the discussion, that's all I mentioned.

More-or-less rhetorical question: So why are they holding out on me? I don't know anyone named JAWS.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: