Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OPSC Canned Responses

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:06 am
Original Poster

OPSC Canned Responses

After trying to contact the OPSC via phone a couple times and getting dead air after the 10 minute wait estimation, I decided to roll the dice and email instead. I asked if it might be possible to be pushed up to Platinum in advance of my upcoming trip that will give me the remaining miles and I got this wonderful message:

Thank you for contacting the OnePass Service Center.

The only guarantee of Elite status is via the published requirements. OnePass does look at other factors when considering Elite Status. Promotions are sometimes created to acknowledge those who did not meet the Elite qualifications and have demonstrated their support of Continental Airlines. Should your account be included in any such promotion, you will be notified by regular mail or e-mail.

We appreciate your participation in the OnePass program and your support of Continental and our partners. We look forward to serving your travel needs again in the near future.

OnePass Service Center

The good thing was an extremely quick reply but I am still a bit weary of the canned response to every damn question. And the line "demonstrated their support of Continental Airlines" certainly was a bit of a slap in the face considering that I will have earned over 75K miles in the seat with CO and/or it's partners. Regardless of the fare class, this is a significant investment.

In any event, I just needed to vent before I reply to the email and sit on hold again! And if they still say no, so be it. I will happily wait until my return leg from CDG!
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:45 am

Actually that reply seems surpisingly on-message for a canned response. I'm curious why you care about being Plat vs. Gold for a trip to Europe. Upgrade odds on a domestic connection? The difference in bonus miles isn't worth much of your time IMO.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tod E Tosser
Actually that reply seems surpisingly on-message for a canned response. I'm curious why you care about being Plat vs. Gold for a trip to Europe. Upgrade odds on a domestic connection? The difference in bonus miles isn't worth much of your time IMO.
The upgrade would be a bonus, but I was looking more for advance seat assignments and easier lounge access over the pond. Again, no big deal but I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.