4000 bonus miles from AMEX/CO

Old Jun 22, 99, 11:44 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

4000 bonus miles from AMEX/CO

From the MilesNet newsletter:

OnePass members purchasing a ticket online at
http://www.continental.com using an American Express card before Sept. 15,
they'll earn 3,000 bonus miles on top of the 1,000 standard bonus.
Old Jun 23, 99, 6:52 pm

No offense or anything, but....

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????

This offer has been up for almost a month now!
Old Jun 23, 99, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Hey! I don't fly CO, just wanted to share what I thought was new news......
Old Jun 25, 99, 4:05 am
pberrett

Hmmm

This looks interesting. Presumably you don't actually have to fly to get these bonus miles do you? If so, what is the cheapest ticket that one could purchase on-line to qualify?

cheers Peter

Old Jun 25, 99, 5:07 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
I believe you don't get E-ticket bonuses on CO unless you (or someone) actually uses the ticket.
Old Jun 26, 99, 2:04 am
pberrett

I think one needs to look at the conditions of each individual promotion carefully.

Anybody got a copy?

cheers Peter

Old Jun 26, 99, 10:57 am

It just occured to me that when I need to purchase a confiscatory Y fare ticket, I could purchase two one-way tickets and get the CO.O.L. e-ticket bonus for both tickets.

Or is there something I'm missing?

[This message has been edited by ontheroad (edited 06-26-1999).]
Old Jun 27, 99, 10:24 am

pberret-

From the CO website:
Continental.com - American Express
Online OnePass Mileage Offer
Terms and Conditions - Rules

To qualify for the 3,000 OnePass bonus miles, you must purchase an eligible ticket and complete travel on flights operated by Continental Airlines and Continental Express.
Continental air booking must be made via Continental.com's full-service online reservation system http://cooltravelassistant.com / and tickets must be purchased with the American Express® Card between May 26 , 1999 and September 15, 1999.
All travel in connection with the ticket booked online must occur between May 26, 1999 and December 31, 1999.
The 3,000 OnePass bonus miles are in addition to the existing offer of earning up to 1,000 OnePass bonus miles for tickets purchased and flown via Continental.com's full-service online reservation system http://cooltravelassistant.com /. Bonus miles will be awarded on tickets purchased and flown in the Cardmember's name. A maximum of 3,000 American Express® OnePass bonus miles will be credited to the OnePass account per transaction.
OnePass bonus miles will be awarded upon completion of travel and automatically deposited into your OnePass account within four to six weeks. All OnePass Terms and Conditions apply.
Offer not valid on purchase of CO.O.L. Travel Specials.
Valid for U.S. residents only.
This offer is subject to change without notice.
Old Jun 28, 99, 11:31 pm
Original Member

Be careful......I just had to book myself and my husband on separate itineraries with separate amex cards to ensure he got the 3000 point bonus. You must book the ticket under the same name as the amex card...otherwise you won't get the bonus!!!! But the continental site is great...I picked out our seats on-line and made sure we sat together....
Old Sep 10, 99, 6:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond
I just wanted to bring this topic back to the top of the list. Don't forget you have to reserve by 9/15! I've already booked everything I anticipate coming for the next 2 months. I really hope they extend this offer

Last edited by mrichmond; Sep 5, 07 at 11:45 am
Old Sep 10, 99, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
That was a great tip, MileageAddict. I have netted 18,000 OnePass miles thanks to your post. Thank you so much.
Old Sep 22, 99, 8:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
Has anyone seen the 3000 bonus miles for purchase with an AMEX card post yet? I had 4 flights during the qualifying time period, all purchased on-line with an AMEX card. I've seen the 1000 mile bonus for them, but not the 3000. Anyone else?
Old Sep 22, 99, 10:15 am

MileKing:

While I haven't gotten my statement yet, 12,000 miles just hit my account, and I had 3 trips which qualified for this deal. Therefore, I suspect mine have hit, although I won't have the actual verification for a couple of weeks yet.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Sep 22, 99, 2:56 pm

Does anyone have any idea if this is valid if you reserve the seat online then ticket it from a CTO?
Old Sep 22, 99, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
MileKing: I didn't get credited for the AmEx miles until I called the OnePass Service Center and got some help. I put in the call because others on this forum had already gotten credits but my miles hadn't shown up in my account yet.

Tute84: I believe it applies to online purchases only. I don't think you can reserve a seat on-line and purchase it separately; I think you have to give them a redit card as part of the process of making the reservation.

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 09-22-1999).]

Search this Thread