Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

COOL no more - check out CO's new E-service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 1999, 12:09 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.

new on-line ticketing engine...cool!
Old Jul 19, 1999, 2:08 pm
Original Member

Made a res thru e-service last nite. It's a lot more efficient and, as NJDAVID says, "Real Cool", but CO O.L. no more.
Old Jul 19, 1999, 2:13 pm
Original Member

Luv the new site...just used it...far more efficient and better GUI. Luv that all my itineraries are on your home page. Appears to be faster on getting your flights. Now if u could only book reward flights.....

------------------
Old Jul 19, 1999, 4:26 pm

Yes, it is much better.

If you weren't aware, Continental's On-line booking engine is powered and supported by Microsoft Expedia out of Atlanta, GA. So, if you are also an Expedia user, you will notice that Expedia has been updated as well. In addition, I believe that Northwest Airlines, KLM, and American Express all also uses Microsoft's Travel Technologies.
Old Jul 22, 1999, 10:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I HATE IT!!! No more EasySabre, no more powerful Expedia fare search. If you knew what you were doing the old Expedia fare search was very powerful. Now, it's gone. What to do now, I don't know.

Also, the new E-Service is just as bad as the old COOL at trying to sell an itinerary with no availability in the fare class you are trying to book. This "new and improved" Expedia is driving me nuts!!! I will NOT book another ticket on Expedia/COOL/NWA WorldWeb (save for promotions like the AMEX 4k bonus) again.
Old Jul 22, 1999, 11:43 pm
Original Member

It still takes too long but at least they are listing cheaper fares then they were before. In fact, I found fares that the CO agent on the phone could not get for me.

The problem that I still have is that the site will not tell you available dates for your flights. You have to keep trying different dates until you finally come up with one that they have seats for. Why don't they just tell us in the first place the first available dates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.