Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Major problems getting upgraded as a CO Plantinum on NW

Old Apr 15, 99, 9:47 am
Original Poster

If anybody else has had this problem, please see my post about this in the NorthWest forum.
Old Apr 16, 99, 1:15 am
Original Member

I was upgraded on several NW segments this year. It was not a problem except for the first couple times in March. That is when the employees had no clue as to what was going on. They seem to be on a steep learning curve.
Old Apr 16, 99, 11:22 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Just upgraded a NW flith this morning for Sunday. Pleasant surprise: only took 3 minutes total.
Old Apr 16, 99, 9:59 pm

This week I successfully upgraded my third NW flight without any real problems. It took about 4 minutes. What was frustrating, however, was the fact that Friday 4/16/99, at 12:30AM, the wait on the elite priority telephone line for upgrades was 42 minutes. In contrast, there was instant response on the general CO number,
800-525-0280, but they were unable to process upgrades. Sounds like the elite phone line gets lowest priority!!!
Old Apr 18, 99, 4:06 pm
Original Member

Norm, my man, it's called REVENUE, and also not many people working in the res center at that hour.
Old Apr 20, 99, 11:52 am

Jaws-II,
Believe it or not, back at 1AM, I even tried using the Elite phone line with the prompt for "make new reservation", not the "upgrade"
prompt. Even for a new revenue reservation the elite wait was 30+ minutes, while the general public 800 number received an instant answer.

I guess we can not only not upgrade at 1AM, we can't even make a new reservation. I guess they assume at 1AM all the callers are upgrade hounds (they're probably correct!)
Old May 5, 99, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
As a CO platinum elite I upgraded for the first time on a NW flight. The CO agent was able to put thru the first class request, but when I called NW to double check and get my seat assignments I was put on hold at 8:30 am on a Wednesday morning for over 30 minutes(I finally hung up). I then called back and used the "international tickets" prompt and my wait was reduced to about 2 minutes! As another idea, often when I know there will be a long wait on the 800 number, I will call information for some obscure small city used by the airline and call them direct. They have the same computers, and I have never been questioned as to why I am not using the 800 line.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: