HOWDY from America West terratory

Old Apr 21, 99, 1:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
HOWDY from America West terratory

Communication between Arizona and Texas was slow in the territorial days, and has not improved significantly in recent times, based on the fact that it takes as long as 8 months for the stagecoach to make the trip to Houston with the America West flight postings. Ay, ocho meses, hijo de la chingada!

Fortunately, thanks to the new fangled internet I was given advance notice of the new Platinum Elite level, and of how valuable it was, and was able to pick my new card out of the inumerable bulk rate mailings of platinum credit card offerings and Publishers Clearing House "winner" notifications.

To my good friends and colleagues in the Great State of Texas: If y'all are down around the Court House, please put up a
notice "WANTED: AMERICA WEST MILAGE"
Old Apr 21, 99, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat for Life, SPG Plat, United Silver, given up on Skypesos for good
I guess this means I'll only have to wait another 3 months for my November and December trips!
Old Apr 21, 99, 11:11 pm
Original Member

Well, Old Gold, Podnah. I was at the Courthouse and there is no more room for "America West" mileage signs. I believe the place out on Richmond Avenue had a Pony Express rider stop by recently and he picked up some America West "stuff" and headed west on I-10. Trouble is, the Texas Rangers don't allow horses on the Interstate. So, gettin' around those limited access fences has been a real problem. If the rider don't find a Saloon in San Antonio or El Paso, you can expect his arrival sometime in September, if'n he gets a couple of fresh horses.
Old Apr 23, 99, 2:44 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
You know, Jaws, I honestly hadn't given a lot of thought to the predicament of pony express riders in our modern society. I suppose that my pen-pals over at the OnePass Service Center would be in a similar pickel if all that milage got credited automatically by those computers like it is supposed be, instead of being entered manually when I send in my monthly bundle.

Search this Thread