FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Chase Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/37845-chase-credit-card.html)

ReneeMoss Apr 5, 1999 9:00 am

Chase Credit Card

I seem to remember an offer for the Co. Chase Credit Card that will give 7,500 miles for New Application and NO FEE for the first year. Can anyone help me with the tele. number and/or CODE for that offer? - When I called they said NO! Thanks. Renee

demeter Apr 5, 1999 11:05 am

When I applied for mine, the agent told me that the offer has expired. When asked when it expired, the agent was sorta clueless and never really gave me an answer. Hope that helps!

diver Apr 6, 1999 2:06 am

I feel like I was ripped off again. I guess that I missed that deal because they charged me an annual fee when I signed up.

ontheroad Apr 6, 1999 7:36 am

The 7500 miles + first year fee waived was an offer from Marine Midland Bank, which issed the CO card before Chase picked it up a few months ago.

I doubt Chase would have this offer -- it was too good for the consumer and lousy for the bank.

Old Gold Apr 6, 1999 8:09 am

I signed up for the Chase-Continental card last summer, after an unresolved customer service problem made me decide to cancel the American Express card that I had carried for 20 years, and received 6,000 mile bonus miles. (I did pay the annual fee) I appears that miles are credited on receipt of payment. Not long ago I received a Fed-Ex letter from a D.L Blair Co. It turns out that I was a winner in a "Weekends on Us sweepstakes", and that I had charged over $480. on my winning weekend!

WVFM Apr 6, 1999 9:23 am

They still give 6000 bonus miles for signing up. For more info see their website:
www.chase.com/creditcards/01/01h_continental/01h_continental.html

Hammertoad Apr 6, 1999 2:11 pm

I got a call last night from a tele-marketer pushing the Chase/Continental Platinum card (I recently signed up for One-Pass). If I recall correctly, 6000 miles for taking the card (no doubt after you pay the annual fee). 1 mile per dollar. 1000 miles a year for renewal. Also comes with a couple of upgrades and 2 one-day passes to the Presidents club. Since I rarely fly Continental (2X in 5 years), I declined.

Cheers,

'toad

ReneeMoss Apr 6, 1999 8:37 pm

Thanks EVERYONE for all your good information. Seems like I should have taken Marine Midland up on the offer when the annual fee was waived. I don't need another credit card (w/fee) - so I'll decline the Co. Chase card for now --until I need miles to top off my Co. acc't for an award.
Renee

Jon Toner Apr 17, 1999 7:14 pm

While the first offer was better, I signed up today for the Chase Card. The bonus miles were important, as I'm trying to work out some free travel for this fall, and the President's Club passes were nice too. Worth the $25 annual fee for these two items alone.

As for the card itself, I tend to use all credit cards like they were Amex (pay them off each month). Mileage without interest payments.