Continental Currency

Old Dec 8, 98, 7:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: London,UK. Ok, about 100 miles from London really, but how many Americans know where Market Harborough is?
Continental Currency

Ok, I know before I ask it that this is a really dumb question, which will have a really simple answer, but all the same here goes...

About every three months at work I receive a batch (about 30) 'Continental Currency' vouchers [The covering letter says I may issue them to any employee's].

I have been carrying a couple of them with me for about a year now, but still havn't had occassion to use them.

What are they for? They have tick-boxes on them which indicate Cocktail/Beer/Wine/Movie Headset Rental.

I have never been on a Continental flight that required payment for any of these things, so I am abit confused.
MF

Old Dec 8, 98, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
They sound like the "courtesy coupons" that Delta has. They are good for a free alcoholic beverage or movie headset rental on a flight. Of course when flying in business or first class you don't have to pay for such things, but when flying in coach, it's a different story!
Old Dec 8, 98, 9:00 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Indeed - while useless in First or Business, these cupons are worth $3 to $4 each in coach.

I usually carry them if I do not get an upgrade, or give them to a co-worker who I couldn't get an upgrade for when they fly with me.
Old Dec 8, 98, 9:05 am
Original Member

CO always issued them to me for, what I assume were times I was not able to get my Gold upgrade. Like Beckles said, they are of no use in First or BusinessFirst, only in coach. However, I heard Beckles uses them in the Quarter. *grin*
Old Dec 8, 98, 9:43 am
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Northwest Airlines has them as well and gives them out when there has been flight delays. The options are:

500 WorldPerks miles
A free cocktail in flight
$5 airport food credit

Of course, I always opt for the miles!
Old Dec 8, 98, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
NW sounds pretty cheap ... $5 food credit? When I've been delayed on Delta they've always given me $10 or $15 ...

I would take the miles too if given the option though!

Actually, what you're talking about from NW is probably a bit different since you can get miles. The Delta Courtesy Coupons are not too hard to come by if you don't mind trying to sweet talk a counter agent or some red coat.
Old Dec 8, 98, 12:57 pm
Commander Catcop

I remember getting these once when a Delta flight was cancelled so after a 5 hour delay
at the Atlanta airport I used mine for a shot
of Jack Daniels, straight with one ice cube.

Those coupons could be good little stocking stuffers for people who Travel CO )or any airline!)

OMNI related posting: I miss Jaws43. Where oh where has the Ambassador of Texas gone? The Cats and I want to say MEOW! CATMAN
Old Dec 8, 98, 3:48 pm
Original Member

jaws43 has dropped the quarente-trace and tried to become JAWS, but that was not allowed, so jaws43 became JAWS_II, much to his disappointment. JAWS was never 2nd in anything, much like the State he is from. So, hail to the Aggies and Longhorns.
Old Dec 21, 98, 8:26 pm
Original Member

Does anyone know where I can get Continental currency other when my flight is delayed? Its the worst when your elite dosent get you upgraded and you end up spending $4 for a headset!

Thanks
Old Dec 21, 98, 9:23 pm
Original Member

The only other place I know is with your Elite package at the first of the year. You might call the OnePass Service Center and ask.
Old Dec 29, 98, 6:25 pm
Original Member

I never received Continenal Currency in my Elite package. At least not this year (Bronze)
Old Mar 20, 99, 6:37 pm

I got a "Customer Care Kit" when a flight was delayed 3 hours which had a very valuable coupon, CO Currency, and a Phone Card.

Search this Thread