Northwest Dream turns to Nightmare

Old Mar 8, 99, 3:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Northwest Dream turns to Nightmare

Well crew, as you remember I was very happy to be upgraded to First Class on all 4 of my NW segments. This is the first time I have flown NW and with the CO agreement, I thought it would be great and I would get my points to top it off. As it turns out, fate had another emotion in store for me.

1. Houston to Memphis on NW1084 Delayed (mechanical problems) (05Mar99)
2. Memphis to Jackson (misconnect) Overnight in Memphis
3. Put in Hotel with screaming teenagers on Spring Break
4. Rebooked in coach on first flight to Jackson Saturday morning (06Mar99)
5. Flight full of screaming teenagers on Spring Break
6. Miss most of best friend’s wedding.
7. Jackson to Memphis on NW 826 Delayed (mechanical problems) (07Mar99)
8. Memphis to Houston (misconnect) Overnight in Memphis
9. Put in Hotel with screaming teenagers on Spring Break (where did all of these kids come from?)
10. Rebooked on Prop Plane on first flight to Houston Monday morning (no first class) (08Mar99)
11. Prop Plan delayed so rebooked into IAH on another Prop to connect with another Prop to get to Hobby (no first class)
12. All flights packed solid with screaming teenagers on Spring Break
13. 11:00 p.m. finally make it to Hobby – Get to work at noon – Missed two meetings

Ok, I have vented. My weekend was a disaster and I have tons of work on my desk. Well, back to the grind.

Thanks for listening,

crju
Old Mar 8, 99, 11:19 pm
Original Member

Sorry to hear about the trip disasters... not to rub salt in the wound but why didn't you fly direct on CO? Did I miss an earlier thread?
Old Mar 8, 99, 11:36 pm
Original Member

Never mind... found the original post tucked in with quite a few others.

Your experience reminds me of nearly every one I have had on NW. I'm flying them later this week (even though I thought I would never fly 'em again). I am hoping that DTW will clear the snow from last Sunday's storm by my Wednesday afternoon flight time.

...But then again I hope I win next Wednesday's LOTTO drawing, too. (I think I have the same chances for both.)
Old Mar 9, 99, 8:37 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Buck,

CO does fly direct and I use them all of the time. In this case, CO was completely sold out (typical for flights to Jackson). I even tried SW and they were sold out. The dates of travel were the beginning of Spring Break.

I will be using NW at least 3 more times because they gave me 3 vouchers which can not be combined.

Anyway, thanks for the comments,

crju

Search this Thread