Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Card Mistaken for Silver !

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 1999, 11:22 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Platinum Card Mistaken for Silver !

Checking in at PHX today, I gave the agent at the OnePass Elite counter my new Platinum Card and asked if there were any upgrades available? The agent said, since you are Silver, I can put you on a waiting list, but you probably will not get the upgrade because the Golds will outnumber the available seats. Of course, I explained that she should check out the card, that it was the new Platinum card. Oh, she apologized, and immediately upgraded me.

The moral of the story is that the agents aren't ready for a "Silver Colored" Platinum Card. Fortunately, I had my Gold Card with me and showed her that also.

As they say in the NBA, No harm, no foul!
Old Feb 24, 1999, 7:15 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
I was upgraded when checking in with the new Paltinum card at Tucson on Friday without any problems.
Old Feb 24, 1999, 8:10 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
Actually, if your OnePass # is in your itinerary, all of the information needed by anyone at the ticket counter and/or gate is there. The record reflects your current status and things like standby lists for First Class are dynamic, electronic lists and continue to sort the list by the order of criteria policy. In the beginning, it was mostly based on a time stamp on when you first checked in. That policy always helped travelers with more than one leg in their trip, since checking in at 6am for a 7am flight, gave a 6am time stamp for all legs on the trip. Now, it's by elite status, fare paid, then time stamp.
Old Feb 24, 1999, 8:43 am
Original Member

Huh????

When did this new policy of the waiting list go into effect??? I haven't heard anything about it....but it makes a lot of sense. There were many time I checked in early on a Q fare and was upgraded ahead of business people (who were royally P$%#&....)

------------------
Old Feb 24, 1999, 9:50 am
Original Member

Guys, I know you all like to flash your new Platinum Card . But the rules book says, new program and benefits start March 1, 1999. So, technically speaking, nobody should be recognized as a Platinum yet. Just get ready, and set. Jaws, you can announce go at Midnight 2/28,
Old Feb 24, 1999, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
There is certainly no confusion about my silver card, it's blue. (However when I have it to an America West Agent this weekend, she assumed I was 1998 Silver and was upgraded w/o a cert) I suppose it dosent matter though since the ELTS are not of much value now
Old Feb 24, 1999, 12:15 pm
Commander Catcop

Maybe to avoid confusion they should make the Platinum cards a different color: Like the deep blue in that Four Star shaped state. (or Sky blue, my personal favorite color!)

JAWS: maybe you spilled some Shiner Bock on your Platnium card and it turned silver from whatever color it was. Or it changes color in the Phoenix sun!

------------------
CATMAN
Old Feb 24, 1999, 4:04 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Leave it to TheAuditor to quote rules. Midnight by whose time? I'll probably use FlyerTalk's because they are 10 minutes fast.

It was an HP agent that fouled up the Platinum/Silver colors(or maybe the agent was color blind). The system said I was Gold and upgraded me automatically, but I had to ask the agent to check again and when checked it was found that I was on the "Front Row"!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.