FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   NW Elites back on CO because of DL changes 09/15 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/336291-nw-elites-back-co-because-dl-changes-09-15-a.html)

BackOfTheBus Jul 10, 2004 5:20 pm

NW Elites back on CO because of DL changes 09/15

New evidence on the NW website shows that starting 09/15 NW Elites will only earn 1/2 elite-qualifying miles on trips operated by Delta... similar to what NW elites now get when flying CO.

As a NW Silver Elite member I have booked and flown several trips on Delta this past year, partially thanks to NW awarding full elite-qualifying miles for those flights.

As a NW Silver Elite I will, starting 09/15, earn 1/2 EQMs on both CO and DL - however, I will still be able to get upgraded on CO and NOT on DL. As a result I foresee giving CO some more business, whenever a reasonable NW-operated itinerary is not available. DL will become my least desirable carrier.

While NW Silvers present little danger to CO Elites, I am quite sure that some NW Golds and Plats will also be switching their preference from DL to CO as a secondary carrier (such as for OAK trips, which NW does not service).

Billiken Jul 11, 2004 7:07 am

Yet another reason why we will all be spending more time in the BackOfThe Bus.

:(

socrates Jul 11, 2004 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Billiken
Yet another reason why we will all be spending more time in the BackOfThe Bus.

:(

I know you've been sticking by CO but make the switch Billiken.....I'm a freshly minted NWA Silver and haven't sat in back once this year (did the ole OP Elite->WP switcheroo at the gate)

channa Jul 11, 2004 8:09 am

Originally Posted by socrates
I know you've been sticking by CO but make the switch Billiken.....I'm a freshly minted NWA Silver and haven't sat in back once this year (did the ole OP Elite->WP switcheroo at the gate)

If you haven't switched out of CO yet, it's probably premature to switch at this point. For all we know, CO may extend the 100% online EQM next year, or NW may join into this 50% EQM nonsense.

FWIW, Billiken came from DL after DL instated MQM. Then, right after he joined CO, came the CO EQM changes. Seeing this pattern, are you really sure you want to welcome him into NW with open arms like that? :D

afrugal1 Jul 11, 2004 8:50 am

Gordo treats me like a king.....Burger King. :p

Weatherboy Jul 11, 2004 5:26 pm

Stay on NW

If you like being a NW elite so much, why not just fly exclusively on NW? (And if you like flying CO, just stick with CO and become elite there.)

A little birdie told me that NW'ers won't be able to earn 100% EQM's next year so it sounds like one particular party will be winding down in December :)

Billiken Jul 11, 2004 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by channa
FWIW, Billiken came from DL after DL instated MQM. Then, right after he joined CO, came the CO EQM changes. Seeing this pattern, are you really sure you want to welcome him into NW with open arms like that? :D

Channa's got it right....I am the Angel of YOU"VE BEEN ENHANCED!!!!

(With literary apologies to the reptile.)

otralot Jul 12, 2004 7:04 am

Although I know a lot of people think the 50% EQM is a way of getting people to buy higher fares or weed out elites, I actually think what the airlines have found is that their partnerships aren't working. Afterall, how many of us started flying NW or DL when we hadn't in the past once we could earn miles?

I have and did. But now have to be careful about EQM's whic means much more choosey.

That's bucks out of CO's pockets. No gain for them only for us. Personally I enyoed having my pick of three airlines and full EQMs. Guess thats now the good old days....

snake Jul 12, 2004 7:53 am

These ARE the "Good Ol' Days"

Anybody who has followed the history of the FF programs should know that Billiken is a sign of things to come.

The FF programs are going the way of S & H Green Stamps. :rolleyes:

:-: enhance :-: me again, Baby!

Xyzzy Jul 12, 2004 8:02 am

Originally Posted by snake
The FF programs are going the way of S & H Green Stamps. :rolleyes:

:-: enhance :-: me again, Baby!

Did you know that they're back?!

snake Jul 12, 2004 8:20 am

Since 1999!

S & H Greenpoints have been around since the last century, but it just ain't the same, "No more licking and sticking" ;)