Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Platinum Moving To Houston

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2004, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
DL Platinum Moving To Houston

As a DL Platinum Medallion, almost all my traveling has been on Delta for the past five years.

I have only flown CO twice in that time period - decent coach experiences on both.

I am now moving to Houston in the fall. I could stay with DL and connect through ATL & DFW as I have living in FLL. However, the thought of direct flights is kind of nice....!!

1. What type of status match/challenge programs are there with CO, and how to I go about doing it...??

2. What are the significant differences with the upgrade program at CO versus DL? They both have auto-upgrade programs (DL's works sometimes, often you don't clear until the airport - althought as a Platinum I have 100% upgrade experiences).

3. What are the FC differences between CO first-class and DL first class? Most of my travel with DL was short-haul with a few cross country trips. My travel with CO from IAH would take me to ORD, DTW, MCI, ICT, DSM, and a few other locations. Meals are virtually non-existant on DL these days. What is normal with CO?

4. Looking for differences in PC versus CRC with DL...

Sorry if some of these have been recently discussed in other threads. I checked the first few pages and didn't see relevant posts - figured anything older may be dated/irrelevant... Thanks to all for help.

Appreciated also would be any reasons why I should stay with DL rather than move to CO
Old Jul 1, 2004, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
1. I dont believe CO will match status from DL do to partnership.

2. Upgrades work the same, CO will sometimes notify via email and when the email arrives you have the power to change your seat on line.

3. CO has a superior product. IFE is not as good as DL but seat comfort in Y & F is better, food service is better, FA's about the same although I'm partial to CO's. DL has a better selection of spirits.

4. CR's are better than PC howver, PC are very nice and up to date. I like the PC's in the CR.

I'm DL gold and CO PL. I like BF better than BE, seat comfort wins at CO, food service. If you make the move to CO I think you be pleased. As a CLE based PL I have 100% upgrades this year and 80% of my flights are on 737's. I rarely fly RJ's, most of my trips are long haul. The best part about the switch is the ability to avoid ATL. I fly DL via CVG when possible. ATL is just to crowded. IAH is a bit dated but I find it better than many. Best of luck. Again, if you make the switch you'll be pleased.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 6:54 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Welcome to CO. I switched from DL Gold to CO 3 years ago when I moved from CVG to CLE. At that time they did comp me to Silver (this was before the codeshare alliance).

As for IAH......Hope you have a good pair of hiking boots
Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Location: FLL; DL PM; CO Silver; Hilton Diamond; Priority Club Gold; Hertz PC; National Emerald; et al
Originally Posted by Billiken
As for IAH......Hope you have a good pair of hiking boots
Can connecting there be worse than ATL - it's a pretty far way from arriving at T1 in ATL and going out of B or C concourse...
Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:40 am

Challenge???

Suggest you ask CO if it has a status challange program. I'd still ask for comped status -- all it can do is say no. Reason is a move not just wanting to switch so you might get some relief. If you get a no ask to speak to a supervisor. Writing a detailed letter may help if all else fails.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by FL-Delta-Platinum
As a DL Platinum Medallion, almost all my traveling has been on Delta for the past five years.

I have only flown CO twice in that time period - decent coach experiences on both.

I am now moving to Houston in the fall. I could stay with DL and connect through ATL & DFW as I have living in FLL. However, the thought of direct flights is kind of nice....!!

1. What type of status match/challenge programs are there with CO, and how to I go about doing it...??

2. What are the significant differences with the upgrade program at CO versus DL? They both have auto-upgrade programs (DL's works sometimes, often you don't clear until the airport - althought as a Platinum I have 100% upgrade experiences).

3. What are the FC differences between CO first-class and DL first class? Most of my travel with DL was short-haul with a few cross country trips. My travel with CO from IAH would take me to ORD, DTW, MCI, ICT, DSM, and a few other locations. Meals are virtually non-existant on DL these days. What is normal with CO?

4. Looking for differences in PC versus CRC with DL...

Sorry if some of these have been recently discussed in other threads. I checked the first few pages and didn't see relevant posts - figured anything older may be dated/irrelevant... Thanks to all for help.

Appreciated also would be any reasons why I should stay with DL rather than move to CO
2. To/from IAH, upgrades for Gold are 100% so far this year for me (maybe 10-15 IAH segments). CO much worse to/from IAH for me.

3. Meals are more frequent on CO, but upgrade % has been more than making up for it recently. ORD and DTW will get meals in F. Those are tough markets for IAH DL pax b/c the only convenient DL option is all-RJ through CVG.

4. I like PCs better b/c I am tired of the DL snack mix. CO has slightly more variety. Just get an AMEX plat and you dont have to worry about choosing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.