Help with Economy Plus

Old Oct 11, 12, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Help with Economy Plus

Hi there fistly sorry if this has been covered.

I am on flight UA17 GLA-EWR on 20th Nov currently in economy. Cant afford the big bucks for up fron this year but looking to book e+

I will be travelling with a disabled family memeber so exit rows are a no go. Are there any good/bad seats to choose? Also do all seats have movable arm rests as this is quite important for my uncle? There are 3 of us travelling and any info is a great help.

Thanks again
Old Oct 11, 12, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I would call the airline and make sure they know that one member of your party is disabled. I believe they may have certain seats designated for passengers with special needs (it used to be the first row in economy on most CO flights).
Good luck and enjoy your visit.
Old Oct 11, 12, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ErikStratton View Post
I would call the airline and make sure they know that one member of your party is disabled. I believe they may have certain seats designated for passengers with special needs (it used to be the first row in economy on most CO flights).
Good luck and enjoy your visit.
First row of economy is bulkhead, which does not have movable armrests.

YMMV on the OP's situation. I got my uncle into E+, but the agent didn't upgrade the wife. On the return, a different agent did.
Old Oct 11, 12, 9:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
UA17 is flown with sCO 757-224 which has been updated with mutliple rows of E+. Since exit rows (row 7, 20, 21) are out, you are looking at rows 8-12. Aviod row 12 since it has limited recline. 8DEF are bulkhead and have fixed armrests.
The rest are pretty much the same as each other.
Old Oct 12, 12, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help. The recline isnt really the issue its more the fixed armrests .

Thanks I will purchase the E plus today!

Cheers
Old Jan 2, 13, 1:02 pm

Programs: BMI Silver
Once you book it will you let me know how much E+ is on that leg? I am going to book it from BFS to EWR.
Old Jan 2, 13, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by princessyoga View Post
Once you book it will you let me know how much E+ is on that leg? I am going to book it from BFS to EWR.
Actually while you are booking if you hover the mouse pointer over an E+ a price will pop up. Note there is some variation in prices, exit row/bulkhead/aisle seats are the most expensive.
Old Jan 2, 13, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Why is this in the premerger CO forum? E+ was added postmerger.
Old Jan 3, 13, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mduell View Post
Why is this in the premerger CO forum? E+ was added postmerger.
poster sometimes post in the wrong forum, you can always request a mod to move the thread by selecting the red triangled !
Old Jan 4, 13, 12:24 am

Programs: BMI Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Actually while you are booking if you hover the mouse pointer over an E+ a price will pop up. Note there is some variation in prices, exit row/bulkhead/aisle seats are the most expensive.
Cheers. I booked last night on the phone due IT issues with trying to book my lap infant. I will go back in today to add the E+ plus on the segments where I didn't get the bassinet. My trip is a lot further than just BFS-EWR.

Search this Thread