Wiki Posts
Search

My Last Continental Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
My Last Continental Flight

My last CO flight was 1062 CLE-FLL Friday night. The flight was suppose to leave at 7:15PM and all day it showed on time. After I got to the airport it showed an hour delay, inbound flight from EWR. When we boarded last time known as Elite Access. F had 2 open seats but I was number 3 on the list but I had my usual baulkhead seat. I paid for my direct TV. It was odd that it seemed after Elite boarding no one else was boarding. Then an announcement there was problem with the aircraft and we had to get off.
I went back to the PC for 15 which was close to the gate, when I got back to the gate they announced aircraft was fixed and boarding would begin in 10 minuntes. So my last CO flight got to board twice. After takeoff pilot announced do to all the storms on the normal flight patch we would fly east and go down the coastline which would add some time to the flight.
Weather was great Saturday and had a nice time at the beach. When I tried to check in for my Sunday monring flight I could not get on the site as I got those script error messages. I used another computer and I was able to check in but could not print my boarding pass.
This morning scheduled UA FLL-ORD 6:25AM. I got to the ticket counter early and when I tried to check in to print my boarding pass it said
there was an issue with my reservation and I had to see an agent. The agent was very nice, got everything resolved and I was upgraded to F
so I had free Direct TV on the 737-700. Flight got to ORD 45 minuntes early
and we had to wait for a gate for twenty minuntes. I noticed at ORD and at CLE they still use the same CO gates.
I had a nice 4 hour layover at ORD spend most of the time in the UA Club.
Flight to CLE was a A319. Only 4 F seats. I sat in my usual baulkhead
which is called Economy Plus. More room then on a 73G. Planes still have those phones at the seat. Channel 9 was working so I enjoyed listening to that. Landing observations at CLE. Hangers still say Continental and so do all the jetways. Gates and ticket counters still look they are using UA for origininal UA flights.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: 1K on United; MARR = PLAT; HIL = DIA; Avis = First; NAT = Ex Elite
My last CONTINENTAL flight was a run TUL_IAH_CLE on Friday 3/2 to get me home from work.

As per usual with "CONTINENTAL", all things went well.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM+, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum
My last Continental branded flight was Flight 1124 - SFO to IAH on March 2nd. Flight was great as usual. Sat in 4B. Was able to select my choice of meal even in the last row of First class. Orders were taken left to right, front to back, which was nice. I don't know if they are planning to change to the legacy United way, but I've always preferred the legacy Continental way out of fairness to all passengers seated in First. The crew and flight attendants were great and flight was smooth all the way to Houston.

One thing I observed is the boarding process to be somewhat chaotic, which to me seemed unusual, since we were at SFO. I would've thought they would be more rigid with the crowd who just flocked to the line to board. They didn't seem to turn anyone away who shouldn't have been in the line based on their boarding zone group.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.