Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Instant M Fare Upgrades for Platinums

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

No Instant M Fare Upgrades for Platinums

I guess I just realized that Platinums this year will not get instant upgrades on M fares. Looks like the B fare is several hundred more each way for domestic flights, enough to make corporate travel managers take note. I'm going to really miss this M fare benefit and will start looking for other confirmed F options outside United. Seems like a bad move from United, but I guess we'll have to see if UA is successful in switching me to B fares at the end of the year.

I do like the instantly confirmable companion benefit on B fares now.

Big thumbs up to UA IT teams for the conversion. My data is all perfect.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Colin
I guess I just realized that Platinums this year will not get instant upgrades on M fares. Looks like the B fare is several hundred more each way for domestic flights, enough to make corporate travel managers take note. I'm going to really miss this M fare benefit and will start looking for other confirmed F options outside United. Seems like a bad move from United, but I guess we'll have to see if UA is successful in switching me to B fares at the end of the year.

I do like the instantly confirmable companion benefit on B fares now.

Big thumbs up to UA IT teams for the conversion. My data is all perfect.
Or just become 1K.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by aacharya
Or just become 1K.
Yup. Guess is they would have had too many 75k Premiers post merger to allow a prayer of buying a first class ticket on some schedules, or of Golds/Silvers having any prayer of an upgrade in other situations.

Have an M fare upgrade that helped me out this week as a 1K...and into a lie flat config 764 to boot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.