On Hold for 1 hr 30 min and counting:

Old Mar 3, 12, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K on United; MARR = PLAT; HIL = DIA; Avis = First; NAT = Ex Elite
On Hold for 1 hr 30 min and counting:

Calling the CO PLAT "866" number as I always do.

Why won't "the new united" pick up my call?

Anyone having same issue?
Old Mar 3, 12, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
It called "enhanced service". Frankly, I see nothing unusual about a 90 minute phone delay. Can you just imagine what their "800 number" phone bill is each month.
Maybe if all of FT were to call the 800 number 3x a day for a month and run their phone bill up to a few $mill a month, they'd get the message
Old Mar 3, 12, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by chasbondy View Post
It called "enhanced service". Frankly, I see nothing unusual about a 90 minute phone delay. Can you just imagine what their "800 number" phone bill is each month.
Maybe if all of FT were to call the 800 number 3x a day for a month and run their phone bill up to a few $mill a month, they'd get the message
What message?
Old Mar 3, 12, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
It's integration day .. this site's usage (a fraction of flyers) probably spiked 10x a normal weekend. Imagine how many are calling in - "you may experience longer than normal hold times" will probably be an understatement.
Old Mar 3, 12, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Nice business model-- Make someone wait 90 minutes on the phone trying to buy a ticket, then ask them to pay a $50 service fee for doing it. Al Capone would even be proud of that one
Old Mar 3, 12, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K on United; MARR = PLAT; HIL = DIA; Avis = First; NAT = Ex Elite
Yay! I got thru..............and reached a "legacy united" representative, and they had no idea how to use "the new" system.....the comment to me was "oh the bugs will be worked out in time" ......... you have got to be kidding me......

oh boy, this is gonna be fun....

Sounds like the "Implementation Manager" failed to include adequate Training and "User Acceptance Testing" in the "Project Implementation Design".
Old Mar 4, 12, 3:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Gold; Skymiles Silver;IHG Platinum; Hilton ; Marriott Gold
I was on hold for over three hours then got disconnected. I called the non-premier number and got a rep in less than 10 minutes. What the heck!!
Old Mar 4, 12, 4:16 am

4 hours

My call to the Premier Gold reservations office went for four and a half hours with no human being ever answering the call. I eventually gave up.
Old Mar 4, 12, 6:33 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
It's affecting everyone. I tried calling the number last night that came with my GS kit. 30 minutes and I hung up. This morning I tried calling the old PPlat number, and got a message saying "We have recognized your number. Is this (my name)? I said "yes." Then it said welcome to the GS customer service line (which dialing the GS number didn't give me), but after a 30 minute wait I gave up as well.

Search this Thread