Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anti-Semitic slur by Flight Attendant

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by csuxv
But the customer should not have been there he should have been gone like the rest of the passengers.
He did. He came back on to retrieve a forgotten item. This must happen all the time.

Why just passengers? Some of the flight crew would still be aboard, and also the ground staff.

By that argument one should not say anything at any time even as what you say may offend someone.
I don't know what the airline's rules are, but if I made them, the rule for when it's acceptable to say "I hate Jewish people", or any similarly flavoured comment, while at work would be extremely simple. They want to say these things at home, at a bar, whatever, that's up to them. At work - no way.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
You should have just punched her in the face. That's what I would have done. I'm rich, I could afford a good lawyer.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
You should have just punched her in the face. That's what I would have done. I'm rich, I could afford a good lawyer.
If the OP needs help from a woman to help stowe his bag, she'd probably laugh if she got punched??? Maybe she said "I hate weak Jewish people"
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by chasbondy
If the OP needs help from a woman to help stowe his bag, she'd probably laugh if she got punched??? Maybe she said "I hate weak Jewish people"
LOL. Reminds me of this scene from Airplane
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
LOL. Reminds me of this scene from Airplane
HAHA! We have Sandy Koufax, Hank Greenberg, and that's about it!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by CO777DAL
She didn’t call you this to your face or ever meant for you to hear this. If she did then yeah I would tell United, (actually I wouldn’t I put her in her place) but something that I was never meant to hear I wouldn’t waste a second on it.
Looking at it from UA's point of view, they don't want these bigots in front of customers, either. The OP did the company a favor by contacting them.

Mike
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
HAHA! We have Sandy Koufax, Hank Greenberg, and that's about it!
We also have steroid abuser Ryan Braun. Knew that one was too good to be true
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:06 pm

A Maze Ing

at my airline (not UA) we indeed have a big fat paragraph in our employee manual about it being our responsibility to "love all serve all". We have just about every ethnic group / orientation / religion (hmm...maybe no Zoroastrians) and there is no room for haters! This is just appalling. Putting on my insulted customer hat, I am taking names and emailing Smisek, if it happens to me.

What I also find amazing is that an f/a would not only help with overhead luggage, but argue that it was her job to do so!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
We also have steroid abuser Ryan Braun. Knew that one was too good to be true
Well...Braun is only half MoT...and on his father's side, so you know what the rabbinical authorities have to say about that...
Old Mar 2, 2012, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Raber
He did. He came back on to retrieve a forgotten item. This must happen all the time.
By that argument we should ban hamburgers as people choke on them all the time.

Originally Posted by Raber
I don't know what the airline's rules are, but if I made them, the rule for when it's acceptable to say "I hate Jewish people", or any similarly flavoured comment, while at work would be extremely simple. They want to say these things at home, at a bar, whatever, that's up to them. At work - no way.
So it is ok to be a bigot in the bar(hotel) where your customer might also be staying at the same bar(hotel).
Old Mar 2, 2012, 8:16 pm

By that argument we should ban hamburgers as people choke on them all the time.
Feel free to demonstrate how that follows from what I said, anytime you like.

In fact, the quoted portion of my post does not even contain an argument.

So it is ok to be a bigot in the bar(hotel) where your customer might also be staying at the same bar(hotel).
I did not say it is "ok", and if anyone claims I did say that, that person is a liar.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
The thread would be entertaining, if the incident actually happened
Old Mar 3, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
It's entertaining if the incident actually happened and someone's feelings were hurt, but if it never happened, so this is all fake, then it isn't entertaining anymore? So basically, entertainment can only come at someone else's expense?
And most importantly, you're calling OP a liar?
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by EWRHKG
Just walk away... Everybody has a right to hate anyone. Hasn't your mom ever taught you sticks and stone may break my bones but your words will never hurt me. If she didn't then considered that a lesson. Hatred will be here to stay no matter what anyone says. Its built into our genes whether you like it or not. Either learn to ignore or you will be fighting everyone who hates you.
Actually, this statement is completely and utterly absurd and represents an extremely narrow and dangerous line of thinking (or not thinking). Also, we recognize today that the sticks and stones statement is patently false, a more accurate:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names...they'll really hurt me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.