Unfortunately IAH-CDG is now a 762
I guess declining traffic ?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by artbuild
Unfortunately IAH-CDG is now a 762
I guess declining traffic ?
That's fine with me...that route (and the IAH-EU flights in general) never seem to open up business saver award space...if you're "fortunate" to find an XC seat on UA metal (using the old UA code I know), it will most likely be from ORD or IAD...and usually that's not even available which is why I chose AC and yes, the C product on AC is great and much better than the current C seats on LH (which, by the way, typically seems to have to the *most* C award availability...hmmm, wonder why? )
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
That's fine with me...that route (and the IAH-EU flights in general) never seem to open up business saver award space...if you're "fortunate" to find an XC seat on UA metal (using the old UA code I know), it will most likely be from ORD or IAD...and usually that's not even available which is why I chose AC and yes, the C product on AC is great and much better than the current C seats on LH (which, by the way, typically seems to have to the *most* C award availability...hmmm, wonder why? )
In July IAH-CDG is showing a 764. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 am

Mrs Artbuild and I are on a 762 April 2nd from IAH to CDG.
It is a business ticket paid for with miles and it was a Saver Pass purchase.
Got it back in July
Early bird and all.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Only one experience on AC from IAH-YUL-ROM, and I would take AC lie-flat business first over CO business first all day, every day.

Bigger seats, better layout, and no noticeable difference in food.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by OSUAAC
AC has a very fine business class product (much better than the worn out UA/CO 767-200, that has recliner seats and old non AVOD IFE that has a tendency to fail).

I cannot tell you the details about YUL, but as mentioned above, when coming from Europe you don't have to enter Canada.
And when going from NA to Europe entry into Canada is just a formality (without claiming luggage), which in YYZ even has a separate area.
I've always thoroughly enjoyed AC business class.
AC is a great product and although it may not be relevant for the OP, others should be aware that at YVR, when transiting from International to the US one doesn't even have to claim bags to go through pre-clearance. They show you a photo of what they believe to be your bags, you say 'yes' (goodness knows what happens if you say 'No'!!) and then you proceed through US Customs and immigration.

As someone said already AC F to US destinations is very good indeed. On YVR-SFO (only 800 miles) the dinner service is more like international C on any US airline and nothing like a US airline would give you on such a short flight.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:02 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
All,

You all have provided a very valuable feedback and I am very excited and glad I chose AC at the end. Can't wait, and will share post trip feedback.

Thanks,
Kiam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.