Wiki Posts
Search

Seat assignment on LX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Seat assignment on LX

I have Y award ticket booked on LX for EWR-ZRH. The flight is several months away. I noticed by looking at my reservation on CO site that SWISS pre-assigned me a seat in the back (second to last row). Seatmap on LX site is showing that 80% of seats are still available. I can see my reservation on LX site using their record locator but seat assignment function is disabled. Is there a way I can change pre-assigned seat prior to check-in?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I have Y award ticket booked on LX for EWR-ZRH. The flight is several months away. I noticed by looking at my reservation on CO site that SWISS pre-assigned me a seat in the back (second to last row). Seatmap on LX site is showing that 80% of seats are still available. I can see my reservation on LX site using their record locator but seat assignment function is disabled. Is there a way I can change pre-assigned seat prior to check-in?
Did you try calling? I dont know about Y, but we were able to assign F seats over the phone. It does not seem possible to select seats online.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Did you try calling? I dont know about Y, but we were able to assign F seats over the phone. It does not seem possible to select seats online.
Thanks. Called Swiss reservation and was able to re-assign seats with no problems. My second segment ZRH-BCN is on A321 and I was given row 66. I was told that this is fourth row in the economy section which I found a little strange.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Thanks. Called Swiss reservation and was able to re-assign seats with no problems. My second segment ZRH-BCN is on A321 and I was given row 66. I was told that this is fourth row in the economy section which I found a little strange.
That does sound weird as I don't think LX has row 66 on any of their planes
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Time traveller
That does sound weird as I don't think LX has row 66 on any of their planes
The LX row numbering is a bit odd. Despite flying in 2A on their A320, my seat was 13A (the second row of C)
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:42 am

For flights within Europe, LX often does not know what plane they are going to use and where the curtain between C and Y is going to be. So the seat assignments are provisional and coded with rows showing as 100-x. Your row 66 is actually 100-66=34. A few days before departure, the coded row numbers are replaced by the real ones.

As you can see on the LX A321 seat map, 34 is indeed the fourth row in Y – counting from the back…
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The LX row numbering is a bit odd. Despite flying in 2A on their A320, my seat was 13A (the second row of C)
You were given 2A but actually sat in 13A?

To the OP: LX doesn't allow advance seat assignments online. You need to call in.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by joshwex90
You were given 2A but actually sat in 13A?

To the OP: LX doesn't allow advance seat assignments online. You need to call in.
No. When I booked my res through UA, I called LX, and was told that I'd be in 2A, although they kept referring to it as 13A. I flew in 2A.

Looks like the process is described a couple of posts above.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Mar 1, 2012 at 7:04 pm Reason: brain-fart!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I guess I'm a little thick right now I still don't get it - you said 2A twice!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Sorry, I guess I'm a little thick right now I still don't get it - you said 2A twice!
Yikes.. It's been a long day!

Flew in 2A, booked into 13A (I think that's right)
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I think you can assign seats and change FF# using Lufthansa's booking management tool.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Yikes.. It's been a long day!

Flew in 2A, booked into 13A (I think that's right)
Just hoping that I don't end up with the A320! Booked in 5K for now (A333), but they tend to swap the A320 on the ZRH-TLV route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.