Int'l to Int'l transfer at IAH question

Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Former CO Presidential Plat (for a day!)
Int'l to Int'l transfer at IAH question

I should know the answer to this one, but I haven't had the need to do an Int'l transit route in IAH in the past.

I'll be flying in from MEX via IAH to EZE in a month. Does anybody know for 100% certain if I need to clear customs and immigration? Or is there still an in-transit lounge at IAH?

If I need to clear customs and immigration will i need to wait for any checked luggage there too? (I guess I will be told this part when checking in, but thought I'd ask here since it was related).

Thanks,

Mike
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mdt76
I should know the answer to this one, but I haven't had the need to do an Int'l transit route in IAH in the past.

I'll be flying in from MEX via IAH to EZE in a month. Does anybody know for 100% certain if I need to clear customs and immigration? Or is there still an in-transit lounge at IAH?

If I need to clear customs and immigration will i need to wait for any checked luggage there too? (I guess I will be told this part when checking in, but thought I'd ask here since it was related).

Thanks,

Mike
You will need to clear customs and immigration but since you are on an intl connection I believe with the new "Fly-Thru" lane you can skip waiting for and rechecking your bag.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
The lanes are called "one-stop" and your bags will be tagged "in-transit" so you will not collect them at IAH.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Former CO Presidential Plat (for a day!)
Cool, thanks... luckily I can go through Global Entry anyways, but wasn't sure if there was an alternative lounge to go through.

Thanks,

Mike
Old Feb 29, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by dbaker
The lanes are called "one-stop" and your bags will be tagged "in-transit" so you will not collect them at IAH.
Just make sure they put the "in transit" ticket on your bag. Sometimes they forget or don't realize that they should.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.