Using an electronic travel voucher

Old Feb 28, 12, 12:09 pm
PHL
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Using an electronic travel voucher

How do I go about using an electronic travel voucher received from Continental? It's $75, but the agent told me if I call and do it on the phone I would get ding'd $25. I don't see a way of booking online and even 'holding' it to call and apply it, and I don't see a way to apply it outright online.
Old Feb 28, 12, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Use the advanced search feature and you will see a box to enter the code. Good luck. I have had abysmal luck using these on United flights, as often times the fare with the ecert is more $ than without, as apparently only certain flights are eligible.
Old Feb 28, 12, 1:06 pm

Janicerobertson is referring to the travel discount promotions an electronic travel certificate is not the same thing. You can book your flights on the website as you usually would and on the payment page you have an option to apply travel certificates. This is where you enter your PIN. If you have a problem at this stage you can select the phone order page link and call to get help.
Old Feb 28, 12, 1:51 pm
PHL
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by annacrist View Post
Janicerobertson is referring to the travel discount promotions an electronic travel certificate is not the same thing. You can book your flights on the website as you usually would and on the payment page you have an option to apply travel certificates. This is where you enter your PIN. If you have a problem at this stage you can select the phone order page link and call to get help.
That's what I'll have to do. I got the PIN in the mail and....accidentally threw it away. I have the original PNR and was told I can call in to apply it. I just wanted to get around the $25 fee, which it sounds like booking online first and then calling will do. Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 12, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by annacrist View Post
You can book your flights on the website as you usually would and on the payment page you have an option to apply travel certificates. This is where you enter your PIN.

I can not find anywhere to apply travel certificates on the payment page. What am I missing?

Last edited by dmdflyer; Mar 1, 12 at 1:48 am
Old Mar 1, 12, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
If you dont see that above the credit card entry section, then you have booked a flight that probably doesnt qualify (ie insufficient fare code, or use of a codeshare partner (ie United or Cape air etc) . You need to read all the small print and make sure you comply. It seems the goal of these certs is to make you pay more for a flight-- a practice that if your business engaged in, you'd be fined heavily

Search this Thread