Wiki Posts
Search

Great Fares? Are they kidding

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Great Fares? Are they kidding

On the CO web site a pop up comes up ont the top of the screen, Great Fares from CLE. They want $455.00 to EWR, that's a great fare, maybe it's first class. I am trying to get to LA for under $400.00. I wish I did alot of flying when People Express was around, you could buy a same day ticket to EWR for under $75.00.
As a kid I always wanted to go to New York and go to the top of the Empire State Building. I flew roundtrip youth standby for $24.00 bucks each
way. That was back in the early 1970's.
Flying these days is becoming very expensive. When you take a trip there are lots of other exepensives, hotel, food, entertainment.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
... I wish I did alot of flying when People Express was around, you could buy a same day ticket to EWR for under $75.00. ....
Maybe that is a reason People Express is no longer in business.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K
We're talking about flying between two CO hubs. They're the only nonstop to EWR (AA flies to LGA, DL to JFK). US is pricing $271 CLE-PHL-LGA.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
On the CO web site a pop up comes up ont the top of the screen, Great Fares from CLE. They want $455.00 to EWR, that's a great fare, maybe it's first class. I am trying to get to LA for under $400.00. I wish I did alot of flying when People Express was around, you could buy a same day ticket to EWR for under $75.00.
As a kid I always wanted to go to New York and go to the top of the Empire State Building. I flew roundtrip youth standby for $24.00 bucks each
Flying these days is becoming very expensive. When you take a trip there are lots of other exepensives, hotel, food, entertainment.
And, back in the 1970s, gas was a buck or so a gallon, and minimum wage was $2.25/hour. But you didn't notice those had changed a little either...
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:51 am

They want $300+ to Chicago. What he hell are they thinking?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: UA, AA, CO
A gallon of gas was 39 cents too, inflation happens.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If I were you I would absolutely fly People Express. CO just isn't that much better, although the pretzels don't tase as though they are 25 years stale !
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
If you want to fly PEx, you're gonna have to wait a few months, and connect in Newport News, Virginia...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.