FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Does CO charge $25 phone fee for Award Booking date change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1317747-does-co-charge-25-phone-fee-award-booking-date-change.html)

nic3456 Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Does CO charge $25 phone fee for Award Booking date change

I have a CO award flight booked on partner airlines and CO.com won't allow me to make a date change, it says I have to call.

But I've also seen on CO.com the verbiage "A Booking Service Fee of $25 per person may apply to new bookings made over the phone, regardless of whether it is possible to be booked at continental.com."

I'm hoping assuming this means in my case there would be no fee? There wuold only be a fee if I were getting a new confirmation #/starting from scratch?

pmlflyer Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm

I have never payed the fee for making changes on a reservation after I have paid the original fee, Donīt know whats the deal if you book online and then make changes by phone. you should not have to pay it since its a "booking" fee and not a service charge

TommyC80 Feb 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Been a long time since I had to worry about phone fees...but I seem to remember it being only upon booking. Once you're booked; you can call all you want. Someone who has more recent experience may want to chime in.

garykung Feb 25, 2012 4:26 am

Basically, you will have to pay a booking fee when you book at the airport or on the phone, unless the following apply:

1. You are a CO Platinum or above (until 3/2), or

2. Your proposed transaction can't be done at the website.

wcalvert Feb 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 18078766)
Basically, you will have to pay a booking fee when you book at the airport or on the phone, unless the following apply:

1. You are a CO Platinum or above (until 3/2), or

2. Your proposed transaction can't be done at the website.

This doesn't apply to award tickets.

Also, echoing above, I was told that it just has to be paid once, and then make changes to your heart's content until T-21 when additional fees come into play.

garykung Feb 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert (Post 18081155)
This doesn't apply to award tickets.

It does apply to award tickets.

As soon as the agent can find the same route by using CO.com, you will be charged for $25.

Unless your route is not visible at the website at all.

wcalvert Feb 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 18085752)
It does apply to award tickets.

As soon as the agent can find the same route by using CO.com, you will be charged for $25.

Unless your route is not visible at the website at all.

:rolleyes:

BOOKING TRAVEL REWARDS: Most travel reward itineraries may be booked at continental.com. Certain travel rewards may only be booked over the phone with your local Continental Reservations office, including itineraries with stopovers, itineraries booked in First Class on three-cabin aircraft, flights operated by certain carriers. A Reward Booking Service Fee of $25 per person will apply to all bookings made over the phone, regardless of whether it is possible to be booked at continental.com.
From here: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/rewards.aspx

LizzyDragon84 Feb 27, 2012 4:38 am

Odd. I just had the phone fee waived last week when I made an award booking (I have no status). When I attempted to make the booking online, an error involving seat availability kept me from completing the booking. I called in and the agent made the booking and waived the fee because it couldn't be done online. I was also able to make a fee-free change within 24 hours, but that is CO policy.

sbm12 Feb 27, 2012 12:27 pm

Did you call the co.com web support line or a regular reservations agent? That might explain it.

Also, the agents always CAN waive the charges. The question is whether they will or not. The rules say they do not have to so going in to the situation with that level of expectation would be my recommendation.

garykung Feb 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks LizzyDragon84 and sbm12.