Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can Book with Miles on CO Website but Agent Can not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM

I have an international itinerary booked with various carriers through CO. It is a F ticket. I now have a C flt on LH from FRA-BOS. I see that there is an F seat available on the website DUS-EWR. I called the Elite desk to ask to have this change. The agent said she did not see it; I said I can book it on the website. It had a category of O, which she said is fine. She said she has seen it before (and so have I) that it is available on the website but not the computer system. She said they are two different computer systems and she could not do anything about it. We tried some other routes (FRA-DTW, et) which showed availability on the website but not CO system. I have seen it too often before.

What gives? What can I do?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Check the ANA site and see what that says. That site is pretty accurate. If they don't have it, then co.com is displaying false availability and it likely wouldn't work anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
You can ask a supervisor to a do a manual sell. He/she will probably be unwilling to do this, but it's worth a shot. Otherwise your only other option is to cancel your existing reservation and then attempt to rebook, which is obviously very risky to the point of being stupid.

Chris
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've seen award availability which is apparently bookable, but at the very last step after entering your credit card number and hitting "Purchase" you get "There was an error, sorry about that". When this happened with CO award availability on CO metal I got a phone agent at Reservations to sell me the flight at the quoted price.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I've seen award availability which is apparently bookable, but at the very last step after entering your credit card number and hitting "Purchase" you get "There was an error, sorry about that". When this happened with CO award availability on CO metal I got a phone agent at Reservations to sell me the flight at the quoted price.
I get the error message frequently, especially in int'l itineraries- very annoying. At least so far the phone agents have always been able to ticket.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:41 am

CO.com has had false Lufthansa F availability for months now. LH eliminated F redemption beyond 14 days from departure sometime back in December, and ever since then both Continental's and United's websites have incorrectly showed availability on flights outside of this window. As others have said, the authority on LH First Class availability is the ANA tool, which should be the same as what Continental agents can see, and what's really available for booking.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Being able to see availability on the CO.sux, book it on the CO.sux, and actually have it ticket are 3 completely separate things. You may get 1 but not 2 or 2 but not 3.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

It is a rather unprofessional website which consistently offers you something that does not exist. I cannot imagine a retailer lasting long with such a poor product, but from experience the airline industry holds itself to a different criteria then the rest of us.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

I wrote a letter to "Jeff" regarding this. It will be interesting to see what or even if I receive a reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.