Whacky seat selection bug on UA metal

Old Feb 23, 12, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Whacky seat selection bug on UA metal

I'm flying the red eye LAS-ORD (UA metal) / ORD-CLE (CO metal) tomorrow.

Yesterday my E+ aisle seat 10D was listed in the reservation for the LAS-ORD flight.

Today I check the reservation and it shows "--" seat for LAS-ORD.

So I go to the seat map - 10D is grayed out and I think I've been bumped outta my seat. 11D is the only E+ aisle left (no recline, grrrrr) and I select that. Hit Continue, and back at reservation (text) screen LAS-ORD shows the original 10D instead of the "--"... and 11D is now grayed out as well.
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:26 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
I also had that happen to me yesterday for an intl flight next week. Luckily my original seat was still available. Oddly enough I am CLE-EWR-ZRH and it only zeroed out the EWR-ZRH seat assignment/segment.
Old Feb 23, 12, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
UA is authoritative for UA flights; CO is authoritative for CO flights.

It doesn't matter what CO says your UA seat is, or what UA says your CO seat is.

Check the record of the carrier operating the flight to make sure it's what you want.
Old Feb 26, 12, 3:15 am

Programs: MP Au, former 1K
Originally Posted by channa View Post
UA is authoritative for UA flights; CO is authoritative for CO flights.

It doesn't matter what CO says your UA seat is, or what UA says your CO seat is.

Check the record of the carrier operating the flight to make sure it's what you want.
I have a mixed metal itinerary, and I had problems selecting seats on UA's site, so I went on CO's site. Initially, I had the same issue ogf being unable to select the seats that I want, but then I changed the FF number to my Onepass number on CO's site. I was then able to change the seat assignment as I wanted. However, now I've ended up with UA and CO's site showing different seat assignments. We'll see what happens after March 3 when the systems merge.

Search this Thread