?? on making my Platinum this year????

Old Feb 23, 12, 11:27 am
Original Poster

?? on making my Platinum this year????

Ok, here is the deal and I can't find answers.

I already have my proposed dates of my flights for the year. I fly to alaska and back once a month.

I used a reward ticket in january. So that leaves me 11 flights for the year and that totals my miles at 73480 at the end of the year is what i calculated. So i will be short of the 75k.

Can you guys give me some insight on how to get the extra miles. I wont have time to take a trip anywhere else i dont think, so looking at the options.

One question I have is any opportunity for bonus miles that actually count to elite status. Like, if i use miles to upgrade. Does that give me the 1.5 maximizer on my flight. If so, i have 300k miles i could use for upgrades etc.

I also have 4 regional upgrades available, but cant find anywhere to show it that will give me my bonus qualification miles.

Just trying to figure out the best way to do this

Thanks

Tex
Old Feb 23, 12, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Using miles or a certificate will not give you bonus miles.

I find it hard to believe you can't sneak in an 800 mile o/w trip - which can be done within half a day. Look in the Mileage Run Forum or look for flights
from AUS-IAH-XXX and back. If you do that, any flight will get you over.

If you really can't fly, buy the miles. It's about 13 cents a mile with Elite Maximizer.
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
The other option is to buy Full-fare economy or First/Business class tickets which will give you extra elite qualifying miles.
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
OP's indicated all flights already booked. But I guess he/she could buy up to F/BF.
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:55 pm

Purchase Elite Maximizer for the difference.
Old Feb 23, 12, 1:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
If not all booked, route one trip via IAH-ORD-ANC and get 500 miles more in each direction

Search this Thread