Help! Continental SWU expiring 2/29/12

Old Feb 23, 12, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Help! Continental SWU expiring 2/29/12

I am trying to use my CO SWU expires 2/29/12 for March which can confirm not waitlist and they are telling me it must be flown by the expiration not applied. I was under the impression that as long as it would confirm by the expiration date I would be good to go. Anyone have the official policy?
Old Feb 23, 12, 9:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by benolaa View Post
I am trying to use my CO SWU expires 2/29/12 for March which can confirm not waitlist and they are telling me it must be flown by the expiration not applied. I was under the impression that as long as it would confirm by the expiration date I would be good to go. Anyone have the official policy?
Fly by 2/29 and burn it or it will be gone. The agent is correct. I had 2 expire on 1/31 and they went poof. You can always trade it or give it away if you're not using it (in coupon connection)
Old Feb 23, 12, 12:22 pm

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Maybe you could help a fellow FT out...I am flying to VIE via ZRH on the 28th.

Last edited by CLEHillbilly; Feb 23, 12 at 4:11 pm Reason: The phrase with the word "brother" could be taken the wrong way, just clearing that up.
Old Feb 23, 12, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
you might be able to extend it (unless it's already extended)
Old Feb 23, 12, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by navi-c View Post
you might be able to extend it (unless it's already extended)
Not this year..there's a thread about that. Many have tried, none (or nearly none) have succeeded.

Search this Thread