Search

Cancelled One Pass Plus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Cancelled One Pass Plus

The annual fee came due on my husband's card and he called last night to cancel.

Besides being asked a few questions about why, etc... the customer service agent simply cancelled the account and reversed the annual fee. We were expecting a trip to the retention department.

Perhaps it's because he only used it enough to get the bonus and never used it again
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I did the same a couple days ago. I was pleasantly surprised at the ease of cancelling. I did explain that I had a CO PP MC and thus didn't really need the OPP card, so that might have been a factor.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:43 am

Yeah, chase happily canceled my seldom-used CO card, and I happily applied for a UA card. Have not made purchase/gotten the 50k yet though...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I've not had any luck lately with getting an annual fee waived when I've cancelled a card, either, including the CO OnePass.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
I also cancelled my onepass plus card last night. As mentioned, they did reverse the $85 annual fee. They also offered me 10,000 miles, or to waive the fee for the following year if I kept it. I declined, but more because I just will not use the card, so what is the point. Incidentally, I also cancelled my Amex Plat last night too. They offered me a $400 credit to keep it.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:07 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
I also cancelled my onepass plus card last night. As mentioned, they did reverse the $85 annual fee. They also offered me 10,000 miles, or to waive the fee for the following year if I kept it. I declined, but more because I just will not use the card, so what is the point. Incidentally, I also cancelled my Amex Plat last night too. They offered me a $400 credit to keep it.
Wow, they must be having a slew of cancellations on the OP Plus Card. My most recent statement said that my annual fee will be posted on March XX, so I was proactive and called to cancel it last week...

No retention offer, easy to cancel...But I do have a UA card that I've had for 10 years, and my spend on the UA card versus the CO card was 20 to 1 over the last year. The agent did move my credit limit over--increased my UA card limit by the amount that my CO card had. (Far more than I'd ever use, and roughly 60% of my annual income on that card alone and another 20% of my annual income on my Marriott Rewards card).

I am apparently forfeiting about 80 miles by cancelling early...But I won't lose any sleep over it. And from what I read, those miles often show up anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
They're sunsetting the OPP card. Rumor is 2/29 will be the last day the accept signups.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:18 am

I have regular continental chase card. Will these still be usable in future with no more continental? Strange that there has been no statement sent re what will happen to this orphan
I guess I will cancel and start using a united card I got last year for the bonus
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just call to cancel my Onepass MC no hassle just ask a couple question all done in 5 min

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.