Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Important! Previously Issued CO Tickets Exchanged/Changed After March 3

Important! Previously Issued CO Tickets Exchanged/Changed After March 3

Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Ho hum, my tickets LHR-EZE for November (SWU cleared both legs for 2 pax) are on CO 005 stock.

It's too late for a reissue (upgrade inventory gone) so I'm guessing my only option is to refuse to accept any schedule changes without a supervisor on the line confirming that the tickets don't need to be reissued and that any resulting downgrades will be fixed?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA PRO
Originally Posted by rruaco
Ho hum, my tickets LHR-EZE for November (SWU cleared both legs for 2 pax) are on CO 005 stock.

It's too late for a reissue (upgrade inventory gone) so I'm guessing my only option is to refuse to accept any schedule changes without a supervisor on the line confirming that the tickets don't need to be reissued and that any resulting downgrades will be fixed?
I'm in a similar situation - PHX-DXB in November. One SWU cleared all the way through and one is wait listed for my other half... let me know if you get a schedule change and what happens next.

This thread has me totally stressed out about this trip. But on the other hand, better the devil you know.....
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:22 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Originally Posted by goalie
So the plot thickens.....

When looking at my parents' itin (and my one mixed metal itin as well), it now shows both on the UA and CO e-recpts as 016 and not 005 so somewhere in the myriad of schedule changes we both had, the tix were "re-issued" from 005 back to 016 (which I missed :eek). So given all of the above, safe under a post 3/3 schedule change or not?
016 tickets should be safe - only 005 tickets are at risk.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease ^ as I can tough it out in the village but when it comes to my folks, I will do my very best to upgrade them as lord knows they deserve it
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
glad I opted for 016 ticket stocks for my last couple of tickets. What a poor choice UA/CO is making once again. How to get your best customers to leave ... chapter 135 ...
There is no reason why they have to do this other than the desire to screw their best customers over and over again. I really don't get this concept.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
If you call before March 3 with a 005 ticket that needs reissue due to a schedule change, it will be reissued as a new 005 ticket, not a 016 ticket - only after Mar3 will all tickets be issued under United's plate, which is 016.

If your ticket does not need to be re-issued, I seriously doubt they will re-issue the ticket after Mar 3 for no reason.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll sit tight till at least 3/4 or 5
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
glad I opted for 016 ticket stocks for my last couple of tickets. What a poor choice UA/CO is making once again. How to get your best customers to leave ... chapter 135 ...
There is no reason why they have to do this other than the desire to screw their best customers over and over again. I really don't get this concept.
What I don't get is how a veteran fter would write something like this knowing full well it is a systems issue on a very minor percentage of tickets. And certainly not bean counting.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by aacharya
What I don't get is how a veteran fter would write something like this knowing full well it is a systems issue on a very minor percentage of tickets. And certainly not bean counting.
If they wanted to do better they could have. If it's such a small number of tickets, why not figure out some manual workaround to the systems issue?

Everytime I see this thread pop up, I think to myself there's no way they'll make these 100,000-mile flyers lose their upgrade on a schedule change (or if they change the return, they lose the pre-confirmed outbound upgrade). But then I realize it's CO who's deciding this stuff, so who knows what will actually transpire...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by channa
If they wanted to do better they could have. If it's such a small number of tickets, why not figure out some manual workaround to the systems issue?

Everytime I see this thread pop up, I think to myself there's no way they'll make these 100,000-mile flyers lose their upgrade on a schedule change (or if they change the return, they lose the pre-confirmed outbound upgrade). But then I realize it's CO who's deciding this stuff, so who knows what will actually transpire...
It's extremely misleading at best (just plain wrong in practice) to keep up this noise about "CO deciding stuff" - this is a single airline now making decisions on everything. Why you somehow feel that because "CO" is involved would mean people would be more likely to lose out on upgrades is beyond me - and it's amazing how thread after thread gets posted these days about spectacularly good customer service experiences on both halves of the soon-to-be-single airline which are duly ignored by you.

The scaremongering is a real disservice to the community
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by star_world
It's extremely misleading at best (just plain wrong in practice) to keep up this noise about "CO deciding stuff" - this is a single airline now making decisions on everything. Why you somehow feel that because "CO" is involved would mean people would be more likely to lose out on upgrades is beyond me - and it's amazing how thread after thread gets posted these days about spectacularly good customer service experiences on both halves of the soon-to-be-single airline which are duly ignored by you.

The scaremongering is a real disservice to the community
I'm hoping the policy is just the official policy, but in practice, they'll find a way to make it work (e.g., have a supervisor reissue it and force it back). That would be yet another example of good customer service.

But that's just speculation, and the only facts we have to go by are what they've communicated, which is you'll lose the upgrade and have to reapply. That's not good customer service.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by channa
I'm hoping the policy is just the official policy, but in practice, they'll find a way to make it work (e.g., have a supervisor reissue it and force it back). That would be yet another example of good customer service.

But that's just speculation, and the only facts we have to go by are what they've communicated, which is you'll lose the upgrade and have to reapply. That's not good customer service.
I don't even think it's as clear cut as that. Does it apply to all tickets, is it a different policy for travel agents vs. UA direct reservations, what will require a reissue, etc. Seems extremely murky to me - I certainly haven't seen a clearly outlined "policy"

Regardless, I have a high degree of confidence that UA will figure out a way to avoid having customers messed around by this.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't even think it's as clear cut as that. Does it apply to all tickets, is it a different policy for travel agents vs. UA direct reservations, what will require a reissue, etc. Seems extremely murky to me - I certainly haven't seen a clearly outlined "policy"
Exactly. Some sked changes require reissue, others don't. If you're changing route or carriers, absolutely. If your flight changes flight number, it doesn't. But if your OAL connecting flight changes flight number, it does. While we may understand some of the nuances, to an ordinary customer it will appear arbitrary.

Regardless, I have a high degree of confidence that UA will figure out a way to avoid having customers messed around by this.
Let's hope so. It'd be a shame to disservice 100,000-mile flyers like this.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I don't- if UA couldn't figure out a way to apply a CR1/SWU to a mixed metal trip that has one segment available for upgrade immediately and the other requiring waitlisting, with no possible 'workaround', why should I think they'll be able to solve another (seemingly simple) upgrade instrument application problem?

Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
I can confirm that it seems to be working ok. I just had to re-issue a ticket onto 016 stock that had some PMUA PMCO and Copa flights including both already cleared instruments and wait listed instruments. Took them a few minutes but they retained everything despite no current availability (a PMCO segment is the current wait list). Agent took a minute to check something mentioning there was something they needed to do to ensure the Copa segment upgrade stuck.

The agent I got was PMUA GS, it was somewhat reassuring to see they knew Shares well enough to do so without any mistakes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.