LHR Arrival showers?

Old Feb 21, 12, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL DM
LHR Arrival showers?

What access do I have at LHR to arrivals showers (preferably in T4) if I'm arriving on an EWR-LHR flight in BusinessFirst? Do I have to go to the Star Alliance Lounge in T1? If so, is that transwer between terminals easy/quick?

TIA for the help!
Old Feb 21, 12, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Follow the signs for baggage claim, then follow the signs for the Yotel. Show your passport. They have a copy of the BF manifest for arrivals.

It's in T4, not far from checkin.
Old Feb 21, 12, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL DM
Do I need to book the Yotel in advance? How much time am I allocated in the Yotel without charge? Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 12, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by kentflyer View Post
Do I need to book the Yotel in advance? How much time am I allocated in the Yotel without charge? Thanks.
Booking in advance doesn't hurt but with BF, you should get a room and shower (small room though). I believe you have about 1/2 hr or so, maybe more.
Old Feb 22, 12, 4:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Search is always your friend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...stination.html
Old Feb 22, 12, 5:21 am

Programs: CO Plat
You have until someone comes knocking (enough for a power nap)
Old Feb 22, 12, 5:48 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
I've never booked in advance and never had a problem. You have 2 hours in the cabin.
Old May 14, 12, 7:46 am

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
question. I arrive in LHR at 7:45am two saturdays from now with a 10.5 hr layover. I want to spend as much time in London, but wouldnt mind grabbing a shower first. If i do grab shower prior to leaving the airport, will that mean i will have a long wait at customs? Or might the line have died down by that time?
Old May 14, 12, 8:02 am

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Silver, TrueBlue Mosaic, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
question. I arrive in LHR at 7:45am two saturdays from now with a 10.5 hr layover. I want to spend as much time in London, but wouldnt mind grabbing a shower first. If i do grab shower prior to leaving the airport, will that mean i will have a long wait at customs? Or might the line have died down by that time?
Assuming you are flying from EWR then the shower facility that United uses is AFTER customs (Terminal 4 - Yotel)...so you have to clear anyway.
Old May 14, 12, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Has anyone tried using the T1 arrivals facility when arriving into T4? I'm flying into LHR in September with a stopover and will be transiting through to T1 as I will need to be at Central Station, so the T1 arrivals facility is an option, and one I like.
Old May 14, 12, 12:21 pm

Programs: Continetnal Silver
Originally Posted by MarkedMan View Post
Has anyone tried using the T1 arrivals facility when arriving into T4? I'm flying into LHR in September with a stopover and will be transiting through to T1 as I will need to be at Central Station, so the T1 arrivals facility is an option, and one I like.
That's a bit of a hike...
Old May 14, 12, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by tale View Post
That's a bit of a hike...
True enough, but there's no other route to Central Station than through T1/2/3 tube station, and once you're there in the morning, might as well use the T1 facilities if time permits
Old May 15, 12, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by TXbizman View Post
Booking in advance doesn't hurt but with BF, you should get a room and shower (small room though). I believe you have about 1/2 hr or so, maybe more.
Is it possible to book it in advance without paying(if i am going to get it for free via BF)?
Old May 16, 12, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
Is it possible to book it in advance without paying(if i am going to get it for free via BF)?
The BF Concierge should be able to take arrivals shower booking requests. Just ask at the gate area before boarding upon departure.
Old May 16, 12, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
LHR Showers

While it's not the same terminal as the EWR arrivals, I did use the showers in the Star Alliance lounge in LHR when coming in from LAX. I had asked the purser on-board what I needed for access, and he said typically I need to be invited...and the CSA greeting the plane would assist with that. Of course, the CSA disappeared on landing and I went to the lounge ...and they needed nothing other than my boarding pass + passport.

With the showers, there's nothing to sign up...you just go, pick one, use it, and exit. I found the LHR bathroom/shower set-up to be nice; great rainhead shower with perfect warm/hot water.

Search this Thread