LHR Arrival showers?

 
Old Feb 21, 12, 8:04 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: AA Plat, DL DM
Posts: 31
LHR Arrival showers?

What access do I have at LHR to arrivals showers (preferably in T4) if I'm arriving on an EWR-LHR flight in BusinessFirst? Do I have to go to the Star Alliance Lounge in T1? If so, is that transwer between terminals easy/quick?

TIA for the help!
kentflyer is offline  
Old Feb 21, 12, 8:15 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K/*G
Posts: 2,397
Follow the signs for baggage claim, then follow the signs for the Yotel. Show your passport. They have a copy of the BF manifest for arrivals.

It's in T4, not far from checkin.
dbaker is offline  
Old Feb 21, 12, 8:57 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: AA Plat, DL DM
Posts: 31
Do I need to book the Yotel in advance? How much time am I allocated in the Yotel without charge? Thanks.
kentflyer is offline  
Old Feb 21, 12, 11:44 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Posts: 662
Originally Posted by kentflyer View Post
Do I need to book the Yotel in advance? How much time am I allocated in the Yotel without charge? Thanks.
Booking in advance doesn't hurt but with BF, you should get a room and shower (small room though). I believe you have about 1/2 hr or so, maybe more.
TXbizman is offline  
Old Feb 22, 12, 4:18 am
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DCA or IAD (originally DUB)
Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Posts: 7,659
Search is always your friend http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...stination.html
UAPremExecflyer is offline  
Old Feb 22, 12, 5:21 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: CO Plat
Posts: 102
You have until someone comes knocking (enough for a power nap)
nycboy is offline  
Old Feb 22, 12, 5:48 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: IAH
Programs: UA 1K/*G
Posts: 2,397
I've never booked in advance and never had a problem. You have 2 hours in the cabin.
dbaker is offline  
Old May 14, 12, 7:46 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jersey
Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Posts: 1,081
question. I arrive in LHR at 7:45am two saturdays from now with a 10.5 hr layover. I want to spend as much time in London, but wouldnt mind grabbing a shower first. If i do grab shower prior to leaving the airport, will that mean i will have a long wait at customs? Or might the line have died down by that time?
njxbean is offline  
Old May 14, 12, 8:02 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Silver, TrueBlue Mosaic, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Emerald Club Executive
Posts: 1,473
Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
question. I arrive in LHR at 7:45am two saturdays from now with a 10.5 hr layover. I want to spend as much time in London, but wouldnt mind grabbing a shower first. If i do grab shower prior to leaving the airport, will that mean i will have a long wait at customs? Or might the line have died down by that time?
Assuming you are flying from EWR then the shower facility that United uses is AFTER customs (Terminal 4 - Yotel)...so you have to clear anyway.
eagle92 is offline  
Old May 14, 12, 10:52 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SFO, LON
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Posts: 2,316
Has anyone tried using the T1 arrivals facility when arriving into T4? I'm flying into LHR in September with a stopover and will be transiting through to T1 as I will need to be at Central Station, so the T1 arrivals facility is an option, and one I like.
MarkedMan is offline  
Old May 14, 12, 12:21 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Programs: Continetnal Silver
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by MarkedMan View Post
Has anyone tried using the T1 arrivals facility when arriving into T4? I'm flying into LHR in September with a stopover and will be transiting through to T1 as I will need to be at Central Station, so the T1 arrivals facility is an option, and one I like.
That's a bit of a hike...
tale is offline  
Old May 14, 12, 2:55 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SFO, LON
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Posts: 2,316
Originally Posted by tale View Post
That's a bit of a hike...
True enough, but there's no other route to Central Station than through T1/2/3 tube station, and once you're there in the morning, might as well use the T1 facilities if time permits
MarkedMan is offline  
Old May 15, 12, 8:15 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jersey
Programs: UA PLT, Marriott PLT
Posts: 1,081
Originally Posted by TXbizman View Post
Booking in advance doesn't hurt but with BF, you should get a room and shower (small room though). I believe you have about 1/2 hr or so, maybe more.
Is it possible to book it in advance without paying(if i am going to get it for free via BF)?
njxbean is offline  
Old May 16, 12, 8:47 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 7,299
Originally Posted by njxbean View Post
Is it possible to book it in advance without paying(if i am going to get it for free via BF)?
The BF Concierge should be able to take arrivals shower booking requests. Just ask at the gate area before boarding upon departure.
Steve M is offline  
Old May 16, 12, 10:36 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York / Hawaii
Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Posts: 4,066
LHR Showers

While it's not the same terminal as the EWR arrivals, I did use the showers in the Star Alliance lounge in LHR when coming in from LAX. I had asked the purser on-board what I needed for access, and he said typically I need to be invited...and the CSA greeting the plane would assist with that. Of course, the CSA disappeared on landing and I went to the lounge ...and they needed nothing other than my boarding pass + passport.

With the showers, there's nothing to sign up...you just go, pick one, use it, and exit. I found the LHR bathroom/shower set-up to be nice; great rainhead shower with perfect warm/hot water.
Weatherboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread