Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EUA not running as March 3rd approaches?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
EUA not running as March 3rd approaches?

Have 2 flights for Saturday. As a Plat the EUA should have upgraded me for one of the two flights an hour ago It still shows R2 RN2 for the flight but no upgrade. (incidentally it showed R3 last night) I called CO and was told the computer will upgrade when it is time...

Not holding my breath on this one....
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: Location: CLE; Cont Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OMAguy
Have 2 flights for Saturday. As a Plat the EUA should have upgraded me for one of the two flights an hour ago It still shows R2 RN2 for the flight but no upgrade. (incidentally it showed R3 last night) I called CO and was told the computer will upgrade when it is time...

Not holding my breath on this one....
It is not guaranteed that you will get the upgrade at 5 days out. That is just the earliest possibility. Nothing new here....
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottCLE
It is not guaranteed that you will get the upgrade at 5 days out. That is just the earliest possibility. Nothing new here....
I thought if it shows RN2 at 5 days I would get it? So it can show RN space but still decide not to give it to you?

Last edited by OMAguy; Feb 20, 2012 at 7:42 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
I thought if it shows RN2 at 5 days I would get it? So it can show RN space but still decide not to give it to you?
Yes. The FAQ pinned at the top of this forum has a lot of useful information. Or a search will turn up many relevant threads.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got a T-5d upgrade a few days ago, but no upgrade email.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeaconFlyer
Yes. The FAQ pinned at the top of this forum has a lot of useful information. Or a search will turn up many relevant threads.
okay thanks - i am a UA 1K carryover with match PLAT status. i did do a search but didnt see anything about R class being available and upgrades not processing. i guess on UA if there was NF and the upgrade window hit you were upgrade - i guess i am confused as to why CO shows RN space available (which is the elite upgrade bucket) yet still does not upgrade people. if RN showed 0 i would understand why the upgrade didnt clear, but it is F7 RN2. guess i need to get used to that with the *new* united. up to this point i have been very lucky...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:58 am

CO does sweeps and isn't like UA.
This has been explained numerous times, but it is quite understandable why anyone would be confused with the 2 different systems in play.
I've been #1 on the list with 4 available seats (16 booked a on a 20 FC CO aircraft) and didn't get the upgrade with R3 & RN3. Answer I received when I asked --- BUY UP's!

Wait until 3/3/12 and EVERYTHING will be just lovely!!!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LilAbner
CO does sweeps and isn't like UA.
This has been explained numerous times, but it is quite understandable why anyone would be confused with the 2 different systems in play.
I've been #1 on the list with 4 available seats (16 booked a on a 20 FC CO aircraft) and didn't get the upgrade with R3 & RN3. Answer I received when I asked --- BUY UP's!

Wait until 3/3/12 and EVERYTHING will be just lovely!!!
ah - well there you go. live and learn. i consider myself well versed in FF rules but just learned something new today. i have decided it isnt worth burning a regional *premier* upgrade, so i will just sit back and see what happens. the exit row makes me happy.

i do not expect anything for free, but want to make sure that the rules are being followed. i have been very lucky in the past few months to be upgraded on CO and usually at the 5 day mark - so i will just be happy my overall experience does not echo those of others...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I got a T-5d upgrade a few days ago, but no upgrade email.
Same story for me on friday's EWRTPA, EUA at T5d...haven't gotten an email since last summer.

Never appeared on EUA lists for first two flight of year but am 4/4 since.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:01 am

i do not expect anything for free, but want to make sure that the rules are being followed. i have been very lucky in the past few months to be upgraded on CO and usually at the 5 day mark - so i will just be happy my overall experience does not echo those of others...
My #1 pet peeve with CO--- Not having a monitor to look at to see where I stand on the upgrade list at the gate. Approaching the GA and told to please be patient, have a seat, and they will call me when they can do their thing. Hanging around watching everyone board the flight, and finally just before the door closes, slither on up to the podium, and politely inquire whether my "FREE" upgrade cleared, and curtly told, "F/C has checked in full, Sir"!
This happens more times than not, and a simple courtesy announcement, in advance, like UA normally does would be really cool once in a while!

I know they're busy, however I am definitely convinced that after 3/3/2012 everything will be nothing but blue skies from then on, and we can all hold hands, while waiting for our names to be called and all sing Kumbaya in unison.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
OTOH, I too (as a Plat) have a flight this coming Sat (EWR-LAS), and recieved my EUA notification this am. This was a surprise to me, as this was the first time in the last 5 or 6 trips where I got the upgrade at the 5 day mark, as opposed to 'day of'. or not at all
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
...a few days ago, but no upgrade email.
Originally Posted by mauld
...this coming Sat (EWR-LAS), and recieved my EUA notification this am.
Originally Posted by TheStoicPaisano
...friday's EWRTPA, EUA at T5d...haven't gotten an email since last summer.
Really weird. I got EUA emails on all my CO flights in early January (nothing for the UA flights). Bizarre there are such varying experiences with something as straightforward as an EUA confirmation email.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
R/RN availability doesn't imply EUAs will be cleared at the sweeps. It's totally a black box now.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: SWA A-List/Companion Pass, BAEC Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, ChoicePrivileges Gold
Originally Posted by LilAbner
My #1 pet peeve with CO--- Not having a monitor to look at to see where I stand on the upgrade list at the gate.
You can check the upgrade list on your mobile phone. Unlike UA, CO has a "Upgrade List" under the Flight Status Section.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA mm, Marriott PLT, Hilton Dia
My experience with CO is that very few upgrades will happen after boarding starts. And, if you are upgraded, they will come and get you on the plane with a new boarding pass. There is no reason to wait to board hoping for an upgrade. The only circumstance where this works is if you encounter a lazy or untrained GA, who upgrades you but does not get on the plane to move you. I have read about this in the forum, but it has only happened to me once, and I caught it on the pda site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.