Available Seats - Same Day Change

Old Feb 19, 12, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA/CO/UA Marriott
Available Seats - Same Day Change

I can't seem to find a specific answer to this. If I have a SaverAward and want to do a SDC prior to departure, can I choose any CO flight with available seats or does it have to be available as a SaverAward seat?
Old Feb 20, 12, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat (not much longer)
Originally Posted by moldavian View Post
I can't seem to find a specific answer to this. If I have a SaverAward and want to do a SDC prior to departure, can I choose any CO flight with available seats or does it have to be available as a SaverAward seat?
It is supposed to be in same fare bucket. You could try calling CO to see if they would waitlist you for flight you want & you may clear in advance. Ask about the same day change option at the same time.
Old Feb 20, 12, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure there is no waitlisting (for anything) on CO within 24 hours of departure. So you'd have to wait for the same booking class to become available on the new flight.

ExpertFlyer flight alerts can help you monitor it, notifying you via SMS or email when it finds availability, freeing you up to do other things...
Old Feb 20, 12, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA/CO/UA Marriott
Tried to SDC a flight tomorrow that is wide open... agent wouldn't let me. I don't understand? I know that I have an award ticket but there are plenty of seats? And why wouldn't there be any Saver seats on a flight that is clearly not going to sell out? Thanks for the responses
Old Feb 20, 12, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there really are plenty of seats, then they'll very likely open up all the inventory classes, including award tickets, approximately 3 hours prior to departure. At that point you can confirm your flight change.

Search this Thread