Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Any way Continental would agree to waive the $150 award cancellation fee?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way Continental would agree to waive the $150 award cancellation fee?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
To the OP: +1 on the good luck wishes.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Good luck on getting the miles redeposited too...I redeposited an award back on Jan. 30, and I have still not seen the miles post back. That's almost three weeks! I needed to use the miles too...and have not been able to because CO is holding them back for an unusually long amount of time.
In this case, I've always been able to make the reservation over the phone. Fee is automatically waived for plat, but they also waived this before I was plat since it's not really something you can handle yourself. Alternatively, I believe you can call the service center and expedite (i.e. - immediately) the redeposit if necessary.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
5 minutes huh? That's rough.
I cancelled an entire itinerary because of a 5 min change with 100% refund. It IS possible
Old May 23, 2012, 7:34 pm

I just gor my $150 refunded. Granted, when I booked it I was charged the $75 b/c it was within 21 days of the flight.
The agent was very sympatheric and talked to his manager. I just told them I was going for a job interview and not only was I out $75 but now $150 more.
I just acted sad......The agent felt bad that they were dinging me for so much.
So I guess it depends who you talk to.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by LAX
What you can do is cancel the UACO reservation, but don't redeposit the miles. You will have up to 1 year from the time of original booking to apply the miles to the same itinerary on a later date. This will allow you to take advantage of the AA/BA award redemption (promotion??) while saving the miles for use later. This is, of course, assuming you will be flying the same itinerary within a year. Otherwise, it's pretty difficult to get the redeposit fee waived. Unless you get lucky with a weather-related travel waiver.

LAX
Better yet, reschedule for free for a date far away and hope for a more significant schedule change. It would still be possible to reschedule again and actually fly it if a schedule change/redeposit opportunity does not happen.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Earlier this year, I cancelled an award reservation made through CO (pre-merger) with flights on LH because of a schedule change of approximately 4 hours (same flight # IAD-MUC, but a much later departure). My miles were re-credited to my account within a day or two, taxes and fees were refunded within a few weeks, and no cancellation fee was imposed. But 4 hours is a lot more than 5 minues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.