Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Merging CO and UA points, will it be automatic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

My mom has points with both CO and UA. Will her accounts be automatically merged, or does she have to do something?

I only have CO points. What will happen with mine?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
You'll have to link the accounts for them to become one.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...MyActivity.jsp
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Landice
You'll have to link the accounts for them to become one.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...MyActivity.jsp
The timeframe for linking your accounts and participating in the Combine My Activity program has passed. Rest assured that if your accounts are linked, your 2011 qualifying activity in both MileagePlus and OnePass has been combined toward qualification for the 2012 Premier program. If you have accounts in both MileagePlus and OnePass and they have not been linked, you will have two accounts when the 2012 MileagePlus program begins on March 3.

On that date, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account, with your current OnePass account number. Also, we will assign a new 8-character number to your current MileagePlus account, and your current 11-digit MileagePlus account number will be retired.

After March 3, you will be able to sign in to united.com with your 11-digit MileagePlus number, and your new 8-character number will be displayed.

In the meantime, continue to use your MileagePlus and OnePass account numbers as you do today.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LilAbner
If you have accounts in both MileagePlus and OnePass and they have not been linked, you will have two accounts when the 2012 MileagePlus program begins on March 3.

Will it be possible to combine those two new MileagePlus accounts into one after March 3?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by orangecamera
Will it be possible to combine those two new MileagePlus accounts into one after March 3?
yes i think....
Old Feb 18, 2012, 8:50 am

On 3/3/2012, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account, with your current OnePass account number. Also, we will assign a new 8-character number to your current MileagePlus account, and your current 11-digit UNITED MileagePlus account number will be retired.

After March 3, you will be able to sign in to united.com with your 11-digit MileagePlus number, and your new 8-character CONTINENTAL number will be displayed.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LilAbner
On 3/3/2012, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account, with your current OnePass account number. Also, we will assign a new 8-character number to your current MileagePlus account, and your current 11-digit UNITED MileagePlus account number will be retired.

After March 3, you will be able to sign in to united.com with your 11-digit MileagePlus number, and your new 8-character CONTINENTAL number will be displayed.
That means my mom, who has both right now, will have two MileagePlus accounts after March 3. One will have her current 8-character OnePass number (her current OnePass account), and the other (her current MileagePlus account) will have a different 8-character number. My question is, how will she combine those two 8-character MileagePlus numbers after March 3?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:02 am

That means my mom, who has both right now, will have two MileagePlus accounts after March 3. One will have her current 8-character OnePass number (her current OnePass account), and the other (her current MileagePlus account) will have a different 8-character number. My question is, how will she combine those two 8-character MileagePlus numbers after March 3?
Theoretically, if she did not link her account by the end of January, they should be combined automatically. Of course, it seemed like anything from adding a middle name on one account and not the other seemed to throw the online link tool off so you might have a randomly new assigned OP (new MP) number assigned to her account on March 3rd.

If everything went smoothly, you would have to only sign-in using your current OP account information. You then have until the end of Q2 2012 (according to those slides) to update all your other accounts with the new MP#.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:23 am

Is there any advantage to having 2 separate MileagePlus accounts, or should I go ahead and combine them? I have 2 separate.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyertm
Is there any advantage to having 2 separate MileagePlus accounts, or should I go ahead and combine them? I have 2 separate.
no practical advantage -- suppose is some promo can up you could max out on the benefits for both accounts. However in using two accounts you would find making status harder.

I would merge the accounts.
Technically having two accounts are not allowed-- but there likely is a grace period due to the merger

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.