Merging CO and UA points, will it be automatic?

 
Old Feb 17, 12, 10:51 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Merging CO and UA points, will it be automatic?

My mom has points with both CO and UA. Will her accounts be automatically merged, or does she have to do something?

I only have CO points. What will happen with mine?
orangecamera is offline  
Old Feb 17, 12, 10:56 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Posts: 291
You'll have to link the accounts for them to become one.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...MyActivity.jsp
Landice is offline  
Old Feb 17, 12, 11:32 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,933
Originally Posted by Landice View Post
You'll have to link the accounts for them to become one.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...MyActivity.jsp
The timeframe for linking your accounts and participating in the Combine My Activity program has passed. Rest assured that if your accounts are linked, your 2011 qualifying activity in both MileagePlus and OnePass has been combined toward qualification for the 2012 Premier program. If you have accounts in both MileagePlus and OnePass and they have not been linked, you will have two accounts when the 2012 MileagePlus program begins on March 3.

On that date, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account, with your current OnePass account number. Also, we will assign a new 8-character number to your current MileagePlus account, and your current 11-digit MileagePlus account number will be retired.

After March 3, you will be able to sign in to united.com with your 11-digit MileagePlus number, and your new 8-character number will be displayed.

In the meantime, continue to use your MileagePlus and OnePass account numbers as you do today.
LilAbner is offline  
Old Feb 18, 12, 3:05 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
If you have accounts in both MileagePlus and OnePass and they have not been linked, you will have two accounts when the 2012 MileagePlus program begins on March 3.

Will it be possible to combine those two new MileagePlus accounts into one after March 3?
orangecamera is offline  
Old Feb 18, 12, 4:02 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 721
Originally Posted by orangecamera View Post
Will it be possible to combine those two new MileagePlus accounts into one after March 3?
yes i think....
flyer31 is offline  
Old Feb 18, 12, 8:50 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,933
Originally Posted by orangecamera View Post
Will it be possible to combine those two new MileagePlus accounts into one after March 3?
On 3/3/2012, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account, with your current OnePass account number. Also, we will assign a new 8-character number to your current MileagePlus account, and your current 11-digit UNITED MileagePlus account number will be retired.

After March 3, you will be able to sign in to united.com with your 11-digit MileagePlus number, and your new 8-character CONTINENTAL number will be displayed.
LilAbner is offline  
Old Feb 18, 12, 10:01 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by LilAbner View Post
On 3/3/2012, your OnePass account will become a MileagePlus account, with your current OnePass account number. Also, we will assign a new 8-character number to your current MileagePlus account, and your current 11-digit UNITED MileagePlus account number will be retired.

After March 3, you will be able to sign in to united.com with your 11-digit MileagePlus number, and your new 8-character CONTINENTAL number will be displayed.
That means my mom, who has both right now, will have two MileagePlus accounts after March 3. One will have her current 8-character OnePass number (her current OnePass account), and the other (her current MileagePlus account) will have a different 8-character number. My question is, how will she combine those two 8-character MileagePlus numbers after March 3?
orangecamera is offline  
Old Feb 18, 12, 11:02 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,777
Originally Posted by orangecamera View Post
That means my mom, who has both right now, will have two MileagePlus accounts after March 3. One will have her current 8-character OnePass number (her current OnePass account), and the other (her current MileagePlus account) will have a different 8-character number. My question is, how will she combine those two 8-character MileagePlus numbers after March 3?
Theoretically, if she did not link her account by the end of January, they should be combined automatically. Of course, it seemed like anything from adding a middle name on one account and not the other seemed to throw the online link tool off so you might have a randomly new assigned OP (new MP) number assigned to her account on March 3rd.

If everything went smoothly, you would have to only sign-in using your current OP account information. You then have until the end of Q2 2012 (according to those slides) to update all your other accounts with the new MP#.
edcho is offline  
Old Jul 3, 12, 9:23 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 104
Is there any advantage to having 2 separate MileagePlus accounts, or should I go ahead and combine them? I have 2 separate.
flyertm is offline  
Old Jul 5, 12, 2:53 pm
  #10  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Posts: 47,589
Originally Posted by flyertm View Post
Is there any advantage to having 2 separate MileagePlus accounts, or should I go ahead and combine them? I have 2 separate.
no practical advantage -- suppose is some promo can up you could max out on the benefits for both accounts. However in using two accounts you would find making status harder.

I would merge the accounts.
Technically having two accounts are not allowed-- but there likely is a grace period due to the merger
WineCountryUA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread