OnePass Service Center - Worst Experience EVER

Old Feb 17, 12, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Angry OnePass Service Center - Worst Experience EVER

THE SINGLE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE

I have invested 2 1/2 hours of my life this week to follow-up on an e-mail request that the OnePass Service Center never responded to me on in the 4 weeks they committed to get back to me. I followed all of their rules as requested.

I called Monday 2/13, spent 30 minutes on hold waiting for an agent and finally gave up.

I called Thursday 2/16, spent 35 minutes on hold waiting for an agent and finally gave up.

I called Friday 2/17, spent 42 minutes on hold when...alas!...an agent answered. I told her I was calling because I was not credited with the proper elite qualification miles for my Z-class Business Class flight.

She then put me on hold for 23 minutes "researching" my case. She never once came back and told me she was working on my case. She finally came back and told me there is a technical glitch in the system which is why my miles were not credited. I told her that my miles were credited and that this was not my issue...she never read the e-mail I directed her to.

She then put me on hold for another 12 minutes while she went to speak to a manager on this issue. She never once came back and told me she was working on my case. She finally came back...now 1 hour 15 minutes into this contact...telling me she needed 4-5 minutes to make the adjustment to my account.

She didn't come back 4-5 minutes later but 20 minutes later, again never checking in with me to let me know she was making the change. She told me that she requested the change and it might be 2-3 weeks before I see the credit.

When I asked the agent why I had to give up 1 hour and 35 minutes of my life today to get this answer, the agent felt it wasn't so bad because we were only on the phone for 51 minutes...didn't seem to care about the 42 minutes I waited on the phone...and said 'we're really busy' without apologizing or saying anything about the inconvenience.

And Continental/United wonder why we feel unappreciated?!
Old Feb 17, 12, 4:44 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
Let us just hope that CS is managed by UA and not CO - I don't care what the past rumors are about great CO CS - I have not seen it.
Old Feb 17, 12, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Did you contact them the "ideal" way, where you call the elite reservations line, verify that you get a elite res agent, then ask to be transferred to OPSC? Calling the OPSC directly guarantees you're in the non-elite queue.

Apparently the PMCO guys have known this is required for good service for a long time, but it's a surprise to all the PMUA guys.
Old Feb 17, 12, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
CO CS sucks.
Old Feb 17, 12, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Never a cease to amaze me moment when the e-mail route is not preferred. Is that the UA legacy taking the lead? It's like insurance companies declining initial claims in the hope that most will just fade and go away.
Old Feb 17, 12, 6:14 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
In my opinion the problems are all related to the merger and the pending date of March 3 integration (TICK...TICK...TICK...T-14 days and counting).

I do not think the new UA management gave enough lead time in planning the integration date of March 3. They seemingly picked the arbitrary date, and are forcing all segments of their operations to meet that "one size fits all" date, regardless of whether each of the individual segments are adequately trained or staffed as we near the date. They chose this instead of an insightful, step-by-step approach (in my opinion).

I think the OnePass service center is overwhelmed with thousands of calls as countless customers have similar problems and questions. I think management "rushed" to meet this arbitrary date of March 3. I hate to see what happens on March 3 and beyond, as I have read of and heard of reports from UA/CO employees not being adequately ready.

I forsee a chance there will be a delay in the March 3 projected date of integration. Then what happens...another mailing of stickers?
Old Feb 17, 12, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Originally Posted by Dr_Adventure View Post
Let us just hope that CS is managed by UA and not CO - I don't care what the past rumors are about great CO CS - I have not seen it.
The rare times I had to call the CO call center, their service was sub-standard when compared to UA.

I really hope they will go with UA on this one, otherwise they will really lose big time.
Old Feb 17, 12, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-FO, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime
I have called the UA service center two times in the past six months and have one good and one bad experience.

On one occasion they processed a SWU from my CO account in 2-3 minutes.

On the second occasion the agent spent at least 15 minutes checking my record which CO said had an issue, and the agent eventually told me that the reservation was fine, that United didn't need to re-ticket for the change that I had made. Later, I was unable to check-in online because there was a problem with the reservation, and after I arrived at the airport I spent 30 minutes at the special assistance counter with the agent getting it fixed. This was with a sUA flight.

On the other hand...

I have called CO three times in the past six months and have had two good experiences and one bad experience.

One one occasion I needed credit for a Colgan flight that didn't credit after three weeks. It took the agent three minutes. The flight was credited to my account in a week or so.

On a second occasion I needed to apply a SWU for a flight that I wasn't able to do online. It took the agent two minutes.

On a third occasion I asked the agent to clean up a record that had gone out of sync. She tried for at least 20 minutes and eventually told me to call United. (which was item #2 above)

Out of the 5 occasions I think the longest I waited for my call to be answered was probably 2-3 minutes.

Moral of the story? YMMV.

Regardless, I hope they get these issues straightened out quickly and return to the quality service levels both PMCO and PMUA flyers expect and deserve. Since many of the issues reported seem to have to do with communications/errors between two different systems (including both of my problem calls) at least those types of issues should diminish greatly after March 3. (although tickets bought before March 3 could still have carryover issues, I suppose) The big question for me is whether the new issues that arise after March 3 will be greater than the ones eliminated or fewer than the ones eliminated. Let's hope for fewer.
Old Feb 17, 12, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mkr View Post
In my opinion the problems are all related to the merger and the pending date of March 3 integration (TICK...TICK...TICK...T-14 days and counting).
How did you reach this conclusion? The reports of people complaining about long hold times are for routine OPSC issues (flight crediting, award refunds, etc), not integration issues (account merging, balance transfer).
Old Feb 18, 12, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
It's an issue of empowerment - every transaction with the OPSC seems to have to get a supervisor involved. Why are agents not empowered to complete simple tasks?

I had to call to get a RU returned off an itin where it didn't clear and didn't pop automatically back into my account. While I was able to get through quickly (Elite line reservations trick), I spent 20 minutes on hold while the OPSC agent held for a supe. She actually seemed like the most competent one I've dealt with - she took my # and told me she'd call me back, as she didn't want me to wait on hold. Great!

No call ever came, but a few hours later the RU popped into my account. I shudder to think about spending all that time on hold.
Old Feb 18, 12, 7:35 am

Programs: AA, WN
Originally Posted by mduell View Post
How did you reach this conclusion? The reports of people complaining about long hold times are for routine OPSC issues (flight crediting, award refunds, etc), not integration issues (account merging, balance transfer).
Agreed...I called the OPSC one only one occasion...about 2 or 3 years ago. I was on hold for nearly 80 minutes before speaking to someone. I had a perfectly pleasant experience once I got through to someone, but the wait was ridiculous.
Old Feb 18, 12, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Remember...fixing OnePass account issues does not drive revenue for the company so CO has no reason to invest too much in the OPSC. Granted, I've dealt with them three times in the past year and except for a little patience (e.g. days to weeks) my problems have always been remedied.

As for customer service...I find CO's Plat agents a heck of a lot friendlier than the UA 1K agents. Let's not forget that even to call for a seat check on UA you get the damn "would you like to buy bonus miles?" and "would you like a rental car in <xxx>?". What a bunch of crap.

-RM
Old Feb 18, 12, 9:20 am

Programs: AA, WN
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Remember...fixing OnePass account issues does not drive revenue for the company so CO has no reason to invest too much in the OPSC.
I am sure the execs have this point of view, but if bad experiences with the OPSC drive customers away, then while it may not serve to increase revenue, investing in the OPSC may sustain revenue.
Old Feb 18, 12, 10:44 pm

Gotta think that both UA & CO are running thin on employees in their individual CS departments and will merge them into one on or around 3/3/2012. Anyway that's all I can think of as the wait times are definitely way tooooooo long!

Best bet would probably call the CS department back immediately and complain about the CS departments previous indifference!
Old Feb 18, 12, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
It's an issue of empowerment - every transaction with the OPSC seems to have to get a supervisor involved. Why are agents not empowered to complete simple tasks?
You've hit the nail on the head, unfortunately. UA's "1K 1Call" was IMO one of the best moves they ever made from a CS perspective. Agents were emowered and took the initiative to solve problems quickly and efficiently. One of the biggest 1K perks has, up to know, been the knowledge that UA would take care of me as quickly as possible. Between SHARES issues and CO's stick-to-the-rules-common-sense-be-damned philosophy, I'm beginning to feel like giving up 1K for 2013 isn't going to be that big of a loss. Shame, really...

Search this Thread