Upgrade To RSW?

Old Feb 13, 2012, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade To RSW?

Have stopped traveling international and only really go Ewr - RSW and return. If possible will go JB for the extra legroom. But still take CO quite a bit.

Have about 600k OnePass miles and the same in Amex. Fly to FL about every month. Oh, and I know the transfer date is passed but wanted to keep them, just in case....:-)

Any ideas for getting from the back of the bus to the front? Willing to pay for upgrade but not outrageously.

Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
a) buy coach ticket, use 15K miles each way to upgrade to F

b) redeem a saverpass F award for 25K miles each way

I do CLE-RSW a fair bit, and personally I don't think burning the miles is worth it for the 2.5 hr flight. I just tough it out in the exit row.

Last edited by paule123; Feb 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:33 am
Original Poster

I think you're right......60K burns through the miles quickly.

Guess we will keep getting those JB exit rows for the extra $40 each way.

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by paule123
a) buy coach ticket, use 15K miles each way to upgrade to F
Keep in mind that a non-elite will also pay a $75 cash co-pay on top of the miles for the upgrade for anything M fare or lower. And the number of points required for the upgrade ranges from 15-20K, depending on the fare basis. It is a horrible value for such a short flight.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Best use of miles for myself and wife:

EWR - AMS - TZ (ARK) amd return through DAR.........400K miles total (cost savings $17,000)

I will save them for the big flights but they come very rarely now that we are spending extra time in FL.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Best use of miles for myself and wife:

EWR - AMS - TZ (ARK) and return through DAR. 400K total miles used for BF (savings of $17,500)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.