Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Dash flight with 1 stop - will I have to get off the plane?

Old Feb 13, 12, 7:37 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, Delta GLD UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Starting in March my normal PIT->CLE->GRR flights are coded as PIT->GRR with one stop, so I've got questions:

- Will I have to get off the plane in CLE? If not, how will they know to keep my valet bag on the plane? If so, will my PIT boarding pass work in CLE?
- I'm guessing this only counts as one segment, right? Only one flight shows up in the seat assignments screen.

Flying two Dash segments is horrible enough as it it, losing a segment may be enough to drive me to (horror of horror) Delta for a while; my UA option through ORD would get me in over an hour later.
Old Feb 13, 12, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
For mileage credit, try booking a multicity itinerary PIT-CLE,CLE-GRR; if you can't do this online, a reservations agent may be able to do it for you over the phone (and may even be able to do it retroactively to an existing booking), although you may have to pay an extra segment tax.

I've just observed UA5325, a "direct flight" with three segments SAN-LAX-SEA-PDX. All passengers deplaned from SAN-LAX; they took off all their carry-on luggage; and then a brand new crew boarded and continued the flight as though it were a brand new segment, although it happened to be operated by the same aircraft. I can't tell you whether PIT-CLE-GRR will behave the same, but this is generally the SOP for these kinds of direct flights on sUA.

Search this Thread