mileage proble

Old Feb 12, 12, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United/continental
mileage proble

I bought my ticket from continental
IAH to ANC, my flight time was 5.30pm, I got to the boarding gate by 5.15pm and the gate was closed.
After enough argument, the were trying to tell that I was late, I prove to them that I want late, since that was the last flight with continental to ANC. The gave me another ticket, I fly to seattle with continental, hen fly to anchorage with Alaska airline.

My question is, can I earn mileage from Seattle to anchorage on my one pass programme? I ask Alaska airline he told me hat the cannot credit me continental mileage.
Old Feb 12, 12, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Since this question relates to CO I've moved it to this forum.

tcook052, MR Moderator
Old Feb 12, 12, 3:07 pm

Usually you can earn Original Routing Credit... but that usually happens when the flight is considered involuntary. This might be different and you may not get credit.

OTOH -- I hear Alaska flights are quite enjoyable.
Old Feb 12, 12, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by edcho View Post
Usually you can earn Original Routing Credit... but that usually happens when the flight is considered involuntary. This might be different and you may not get credit.

OTOH -- I hear Alaska flights are quite enjoyable.
Yes exactly. Use that exact phrase when talking to CS (Original routing credit). And you will really like AS too.
Old Feb 13, 12, 6:37 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
You may also earn miles on Alaska or one of its partners for that flight.
Old Feb 13, 12, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United/continental
Thanks guys, I called the airline. I used the exact phrase " original routing credit" she told me that she will credit me my full mileage. But it will take a couples days for it to reflex on my acct.
Old Feb 13, 12, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JPG3392 View Post
You may also earn miles on Alaska or one of its partners for that flight.
To spell this out, not only will you earn miles on Continental as though you had flown IAH-ANC nonstop on CO ("original routing credit"), you can also earn frequent-flyer miles for the SEA-ANC nonstop you actually took on AS. Among the partners you can choose to receive miles for SEA-ANC: American Airlines AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, and Alaska Mileage Plan. Choose one; collect your ~1500 miles; enjoy.

You will not be able to double-dip with CO -- you will earn credit for IAH-ANC but not IAH-SEA + IAH-ANC.

Search this Thread